Chapter 27 - The Tight Five

"You dare to disrespect The Fox King?" Si Yin screamed at Zhi Lan as the Fan of Kunlun was whipped forcefully across his body sending out a violent burst of energy that was only just blocked by his Senior Die Feng, before it was whipped back and another burst sent out which just barely caught the side of Zhi Lans robe as he tried to lurch himself out of the the way.

Looking down in shock, his robe bore a still smoking charred tear that would have sent him flying had it made contact with his body.

"Si Yin!"  Die Feng yelled as the Fan was once again drawn back and the air still vibrating loudly with the lightening that the fan produced, bringing the rest of his seniors running. 

"How dare you spread blasphemous and viscous lies Zhi Lan.  I thought we were friends!" he screamed as the Fan was once again released and third wave of energy was thrown out, this time hitting it's mark and sending the boy sprawling along with Qiang and Chang Shan as his seniors stood watching on in shock.

Bringing the fan back once more, Si Yin suddenly felt the ground give way beneath his feet as he was forcefully whipped up into the air and held against a very hard body while the fan was ripped from his hand by someone else standing behind him.  

Screaming insult after insult, he fought savagely to free himself from whoever was holding him back as hot angry tears spilled down his cheeks, his feet kicking out wildly as he felt himself being carried away.

"You bastard! It's you isn't it Die Feng, you let me go right now you son of a whore!" he screamed as he brought his head down and bit into the hand that was hold him around his shoulders.

"SI YIN!" a roaring voice came from behind, a voice that did not belong to Die Feng at all, causing him to immediately choke back his next insult and freeze in the arms that were still holding him tightly.  Recognizing the voice immediately, Si Yin tried to turn his head but the force of the tight grip was too strong and he could only wait until he was unceremoniously dropped onto his chamber floor as the door behind him was slammed shut and a barrier raised.

Still crying, he stood and turned slowly as his father came into view along with Mo Yuan who was holding the fan and both of them were angry.

Raising his hand, he stripped back the glamour spell to face his daughter.  "Explain yourself." Bai Zhi said softly enough but it was plainly obvious that he was furious, though neither of them had moved an inch since the barrier went up.  Mo Yuan, who was looking down at the fan in his hand, was in shock, that she would dare to use the fan against her own brothers was unforgivable, an offence he would have to punish.

Falling to her knees, she lowered herself into a deep bow before rising back up onto her knees.  With tears streaming down her face she explained why she had lost her temper the way she had.

"Father, Zhi Lan spread lies about me and you.  He told everyone I am your illegitimate son.  He basically told them you had gone behind mothers back to have me, that's why you come here to see me and why Si Yin looks like me." she cried.   "Father, he embarrassed our whole family to my brothers, he's trying to ruin your good name and Qing Qiu." she sobbed as her head once more lowered to the ground.

Sighing Bai Zhi turned to Mo Yuan with a questioning look that he immediately understood.  Nodding, he lifted the barrier and left them to talk privately while he went to check on his Disciples and to have a talk of his own with them.

____________________________________________________

Honghui had spent the past few hours in yet another meeting with his informants who had just returned from The Ghost Clan with verification of a plot he had not shared with Mo Yuan, one he knew he would not be able to ignore any longer and nor could he allow.