Chapter 17 - The Announcement.

Having returned to Kunlun Mountain after a long break and many more days and nights of love making, Bai Qian thought she would find it hard returning to her male form and her seniors who only knew she had been called back home due to an important issue regarding The Fox Family of which he was a part of.  But upon returning, she found it surprisingly easy to slip back into her old role, in fact he was happy to see his friends again.  Their time away had seemed like years, though it was the equivalent of a few days.  And having decided between themselves, that their relationship and personal unions would be kept strictly away from Kunlun Mountain, they both returned to their roles of Master and Disciple.

And the first thing Mo Yuan did on arrival was to gather his Disciples together for an important meeting.  Once they had settled and he had their full attention, he announced his engagement to Bai Qian of Qing Qiu, while Si Yin sat quietly watching his brothers from the corners of his eyes. 

Suddenly all mouths dropped.  In stunned silence they looked up at him, though Zhi Lan stole several glances at Si Yin.  Having firmly convinced himself along with Chang Shan and Qiang that he was the illegitimate son of The Fox King and Bai Qians half brother, he smiled secretly to himself.  

But still, the news was shocking.  In their eyes, he was the Great War God, the same one who had sworn himself to celibacy for the good of the Realms, to never take a woman let alone marry one, and that he had gone against his own declaration of abstinence, a man whose very word was law, was scandalous to say the least.  Bai Qian was a child compared to him, why would he marry a little girl.  

Standing without permission Die Feng challenged his decision.  "Shifu. Why are you marrying?  You have sworn an oath before the Heavens to forego matters of the heart in order to remain free to protect the world, its people and our way of life, to abstain from common affairs for the safety of the Realms."  he asked completely forgetting his own position and his sudden disregard for Mo Yuans.  And in the eyes of his juniors, that was worse than Shifu taking a wife.  All eyes raised up in amazement at his audacity.

For the longest moment, Mo Yuan looked at his first Disciple.  That he had spoken out against him was the highest offense and punishable,  but he was a righteous boy who held high regard for law and order.  At that moment, Mo Yuan cared little for their roles or each others station, this was a boy who, when faced with what he considered an unforgivable crime against the Realms, against the people, he would stand against it regardless of the perpetrator or the consequences,  as was expected of him, as he himself had taught him to do.  How could he punish the boy from doing exactly that?

But nor could he show any weakness or lack of control, and nor could he allow his First Disciple the opportunity to gain dominance in front of his juniors.  But he would answer his question.  "Die Feng.  That you have the courage to stand and confront me before your juniors, is commendable but reckless.  However, I will allow it, this one time only, because your intentions are noble and righteous. I did make an oath before the Heavens to maintain and protect the Realms with my life, however, I did not include celibacy in my oath.  That was a personal decision I made at a time when I felt it was not necessary or even wanted.  That decision has now changed."  he said before them all.  "Should you have any more to say on the matter, I suggest you think very carefully before you voice it." he warned them all with a harsh glare.  As far as he was concerned, the question had been answered, and the matter was closed to any more discussion.

Then rising, he turned and walked out, leaving his Disciples to talk among themselves, while Si Yin also walked out, but going in the opposite direction.  They both needed the time alone with their thoughts and without any interruption.

________________________________________________________________

News of the engagement spread across the Realms within half a days time.  No part of their world was left untouched as men everywhere lamented their bad luck at missing out on gaining the hand of their worlds most beautiful woman to walk their world.