Chapter 19 - Part 1. Retribution

Never had Yao Guang been so angry.  Returning to her Palace on Kunlun, she ordered her maids to fill the Water Dungeon.  "To the top!" she screamed at them.  That Si Yin was going to pay dearly for his words, she thought angrily to herself.  

That Mo Yuan had such a naughty and rude Disciple was intolerable.  He was The War God, revered by the whole world, and that his own Disciple had brought shame on his Master and Kunlun Mountain was unforgivable in her eyes. Not only would she punish him, she would rid Mo Yuan of the little fox forever.  He did not need such a rude and ill behaved Disciple that would only bring more disgrace on his honored and prestigious name the longer he stayed.

Once the Water Dungeon was full, Yao Guang ordered her two maids to her side.  Her plan was risky, but she knew it would work as long as her maids strictly followed her instructions.  "Si Yin is exceptionally intelligent, clever and perceptive to everything around him, so do not underestimate him." she warned them, before throwing a magic spell about them. "And do not let Mo Yuan or his Disciples see you.  Though his Disciples will not see through the disguise, he will, but I don't want to risk you being caught.  Stay out of sight." she cautioned them before releasing them.  

Returning to her chamber, Yao Guang lay down on her day bed and thought back to the events of that morning.  Deep down, she knew, everything that boy had said was true, but her mind could not accept it, not when she knew in her heart that she was fated to Mo Yuan.  Fate that she refused to believe belonged to anyone else but her, and that a child would dare to insult her and her intelligence, or embarrass her in front of her own maids and the Mortals, was unforgivable.  

But she also had a strong feeling that Si Yin was protected by Mo Yuan, Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan because of a secret so big, that a barrier had been placed around him, and she would not find out what it was unless she had the boy in front of her.  If it could be used to get to Mo Yuan, then she would use it.

Rising she moved towards the low drawer and removed the portrait.   If Si Yin wanted to live a little longer, he would give her the information she needed to get to Bai Qian.  Opening the portrait again she studied the girls face.  She was exceptionally beautiful, one the World called The First Beauty, and she definitely was. 

 Yao Guang always gave credit where it was due when it came to physical appearance, but as she studied the girls portrait, she suddenly noticed something about her face.  Something she hadn't realized until now.  Something very familiar. For a long time she studied to portrait, and as her mind went back to the Market and The Festival of Peaches, where she had seen the girl, she remembered how small and fragile she looked, a very delicate girl.  Delicate and small. Then something in her mind clicked.

_________________________________________________

By the time Si Yin, Zhi Lan and Qiang returned to Kunlun Mountain, Zhi Lan was ready to throttle Si Yin. Not only had he thoroughly insulted that woman, but he had once again, embarrassed them all.

"What the hell are you playing at Si Yin." he yelled at him as they entered the Grand Hall.

Ignoring him, Si Yin continued into the Hall in search of Mo Yuan.  Suddenly, Zhi Lan grabbed his arm and spun him around, as Qiang took hold of his other arm, before both of them marched him straight to Die Feng.  Finding him at the Lotus Pond with Liang, they explained to their Senior what had happened and the effects it had had on the young woman, whom Si Yin had strongly offended.

Sighing, Die Feng ordered his juniors to return to the hall, while he led Si Yin to the library and sat him down.  Looking at him, Die Feng realized the boy had reverted back to his initial days of impassive stoicism.  It had been a long time since he had seen this look on the boy, not since their trial, which thinking about it now, he realized he had changed dramatically after the trial and even more so after his return from Qing Qiu.  Though a lot calmer and less inclined to cry or cling onto them, he wasn't so dead pan either, it was almost as if his whole demeanor had gone through a sudden transition.  These days, he was more like themselves, though restrained.  So it was quite a surprise to see this look on his face once again.