Chapter 23 - The Search 2

It was no secret that Qing Qius Bai Qian was the intended of the War God Mo Yuan, the announcement had been made thousands of years before, so as far as the world was concerned, their marriage arrangement still stood.  But now recounting her private life leaving out the fact that she was also his 17th Disciple, she told the elder woman only of what had transpired at the Celestial Palace and her infidelity. 

Though being as old as she was and having lived every experience, she knew much of her story had been left out, but she did not push for more information, she had heard enough to understand that she was dealing with an inexperienced child who did not understand her own feelings, let alone those of the War God, and nor it seemed, political intrigue that had brought the Demon Clans Ruler into her midst.

Holding the girl in her arms she merely nodded and smiled as she recounted her own feelings and thoughts between her sobs and tears.  "How can I go back to him now?" she cried as her story finally came to an end.

What the elder woman now fully understood, was the reason why their marriage had been put on hold for so long.  This child was not ready for it, and that The War God had chosen to wait until she was old enough, raised her estimation of him.  Smiling up at her, she gave her shoulders a light squeeze before rising.  

"Why not stay with us for the night.  A good meal and a restful sleep will help you to clear your head.  Biming will take you back to Qing Qiu in the morning." she said taking her hand and forcing her to her feet.

"Grandmother, I don't want to be a burden." she said, though the thought of staying with them for the night did appeal to her, it would allow her to organize her thoughts before she returned, and she was also curious as to what their home might look like.

Reaching up to lightly stroke her cheek, she laughed lightly, a sound that had Bai Qian automatically smiling broadly, the sound strangely reminded her of the place of creation that Mo Yuan had taken her to. 

"Child, until you clear your thoughts of whatever is truly holding you back, then I cannot allow the future Queen of Qing Qiu and the future wife of the Realms War God, to roam about unattended."  she said softly, before taking her hand and leading her back towards their home. 

"Grandmother, what is this place?" she asked looking around.  The whole valley she was in was stunning.

"My dear, this is Valley of The Tree Sprites and my husband and I are Emperor Biming and Empress  Huilang of The Tree Sprite Clan." she said smiling.

Gasping, Bai Qian immediately let go of her hand and fell to her knees, before lowering her head into a deep bow at her feet.  "Forgive my rudeness." she gasped breathlessly up at her.

Laughing at the hilarity, the elder woman grabbed her arm and once again forced her to her feet.  "I understand such protocols and formalities are very much ingrained into your High Immortal culture, but here, I am known as Grandmother, and such formalities are not followed and nor can I allow it." she continuing to laugh at what she considered to be highly amusing entertainment.

"Though I must ask one question." she said suddenly becoming serious.  "The War God and your family will no doubt be searching for you my dear.  Should we notify them of your whereabouts?"  she asked, as a glint flickered across her eyes, which Bai Qian completely missed.  

That was a thought that had crossed her mind.  She knew, the moment they realized she was missing,  and knowing Mo Yuan well, a search would already have been organized.  But she did not want to return yet.  "No Grandmother, I am not ready to return yet.  If it is not too much trouble, may I stay with you for a short time." she asked preparing to lower herself into another bow, before being hauled back up again.