Chapter 29 - The Bell of East Emperor 1

Earlier that morning.................

"Princess."  Bai Qian rose quickly when she swept into the room, bringing with her a troupe of Harem women in her wake.

"A Yin, don't say anything, just listen." she said quietly before turning back towards the women behind her.  Then giving them all the order to leave them for a few minutes, she quickly threw up a barrier so they could talk privately.

Looking at the girl in front of her, she couldn't help but admire her loveliness, she really was beautiful, she thought to herself as she led Bai Qian back to the dais to sit down.  Her dress, though a little ruffled wouldn't take much to straighten again, but her hair would need urgent attention having ripped out all the decorative ornamentation and removed the pin that had held her hair in place, and to think she almost confessed her affection to this girl thinking she was male, she thought to herself laughing inwardly.  

Once they were both sitting, Yan Zhi quickly got to the point of her visit, which going by the urgency in her voice, she was not meant to be anywhere near her.  Filling her in the new developments that were taking place as they spoke, Yan Zhi, told her to at least try get through the morning and make it to the alter.  "Once there, you will be completely out in the open, and can make your move if you can.  High God Mo Yuan is already above us, but so far he hasn't made a move, so we are guessing there are others on the way that he is waiting for, though our armies are also above us.  No one had yet been given the order to move, which means father is waiting for this marriage to be solidified first and why he has not allowed the final 2 days of convalesce that  you would normally have been given." she added in one breath, racing to finish what she had to say, before she was caught talking to her.

Then quickly finishing what she had come to say, she gave her a small smile.  "Li Jing, has agreed to accept your refusal to marry, but though he has no way of preventing this marriage, he has asked me to inform you, that should you have a plan, he will assist you where he can." she informed her, then rising up, she gave Bai Qian a quick hug and no time to ask questions or even to make any acknowledgements towards her information, she merely swept out of the room as quickly as she had entered while the Harem women reentered. 

_____________________________________________________

Now before the alter, Bai Qian and Li Jing met for the first time.  Looking at him, she actually found him to be quite pleasing to the eye, he even looked very much like his sister, though thankfully nothing like his father.  His face radiated warmth and kindness, very much like Yan Zhis, it was hard to imagine he was of the dark realms or even the son of Qing Cang, but then again having also met The Demon Overlord who was also just as kindly, she was beginning to lose the false impressions she had of their kind.  

Bowing low to each others ancestors, Bai Qian repeated the long mantra of acknowledgement to her grooms ancestors as did Li Jing.  Then with their heads still bowed, she whispered to him. 

 "This is all I am willing to give you Li Jing." she said softly with no animosity, she actually felt sorry for this boy, who obviously had no say in his future and was too weak to speak up.  "I have offered my blessings to your ancestors, make them proud of you." she said just as quietly as he looked sideways at her.

Still bowed low, Li Jing noticed movement coming from below her waist which was not visible to the rest of them, but he said nothing, he merely gave her a small smile and a nod.  "Do what you feel is necessary, I won't stop you." he said, before raising himself to his knees.

Rising slowly beside him, she whispered for him to move back as soon as she rises.  Then thanking him, she wasted no time, standing quickly and moving straight into fighting stance she whipped back The Fan of Kunlun and sliced the air violently hitting everyone standing within its immediate range including Qing Cang who was thrown off his feet and back into his Harem women who were standing directly behind him.