Chapter 24 - The Reunion 2

5 days later, Bai Qian returned to Qing Qiu with Mo Yuan to face her family.

Bai Zhi was at the entrance to meet them, having already received a missive from Mo Yuan to expect them.   Having spent 3 days at the end of the world, their reunion had been exactly how they had dreamed it would be.  They lost count of how many times they had made love, between their long talks of the future, and more tears from Bai Qian, though the reaction of the colors had astounded the both of them.

"Mo Yuan.  Did you know the colors would react to us the way they did?" she had asked him amazed.

Chuckling lightly, Mo Yuan held her close to him as they watched the never ending throb of florescent spray, cascade, dance, and leap about them.

"I told you Qian Qian.  You are the first to accompany me here, so no." he had told her, though privately he thought he doubted very much that he would be able to stay away, now that he knew what the colors were capable of, and as he reached for her once again, the colors seemed to read his mind, as they suddenly began to leap out at them instinctively once more. 

Then her return to Kunlun Mountain as Si Yin,  gave her more reasons to smile as his brothers welcomed him back into the fold.  Not only were they happy to see him, they were ecstatic to see their Shifu had also returned smiling brightly, happy and looking so much like his old self again.  He even looked much younger and invigorated, though once they learned of Bai Qians return, they understood why.  

The past 7 years had been hard on them too, with many returning home for regular holidays just to get away, though when Mo Yuan had gone into seclusion, Die Feng with the help of Lord Dong Hua Di Jun and High God Zhe Yan, fully took over the care of his juniors, though more to keep them from leaving completely.  He also took over their tuition on all subjects even going so far as to invite Zhe Yan and Lord Dong Hua Di Jun to give short classes on everything from Taoism to weapons training.  Though had Mo Yuan known of High God Zhe Yans unconventional teaching methods, he may well have banned him from the Mountain forever.

Having gathered all the junior Disciples  together, he took them through poison arrow magic, something Mo Yuan would never have taught them.  Once they had a good grasp of the magic, he took all the Disciples down into the eastern lower valleys and had the seniors run while blocking the arrows with whatever magic they possessed.

Unfortunately, not only did Xiang Ru get hit with a poisonous arrow, but Zhi Lan got hit by a powerful spell cast by Die Feng, which saw both boys rushed to the infirmary.  Of course he would never have taught a poison without an antidote, and the spell Die Feng cast was healed quickly, though Die Feng suggested he keep his lessons to theory only from that day on, with a wise nod from Lord Dong Hua Di Jun..

Now back on Kunlun Mountain and completely oblivious to the events that had taken place over the years, Si Yin happily chatted and laughed non stop, but he knew it would be a short visit, he still had to face his mother and Mo Yuan watched on smiling at the rowdy reunion .  

"I have to return to Qing Qiu in a couple of days." he informed Zhi Lan, who was so happy to see him, he almost threw himself at his friend, even managing to keep every insult he had built up over the years to himself.   "Though Im not sure how long I will be gone, but it shouldn't be more than a week, and then I'll be back for good." he said happy to also see his best friend and his bothers, even Liang, who looked as if he had forgotten their last encounter.

Now facing her father at the entrance to Qing Qiu with Mo Yuan at her side, and Mi Gu on the other, she took a deep breath.  Taking her elbow firmly, Mi Gu gave her a small smile of encouragement, then looking towards Mo Yuan, he gave him a light bow of his head, though she could see Mi Gu was unsure of his presence or even what to say to him considering the tension in the air which she could feel sharply stabbing into her stomach and twisting it as the fear began to mount.