Chapter 3 - Part 1. Initial Days 1

After his initial visit to the armory, Si Yin insisted Zhi Lan return with him the next day to try out some of the weapons, many of which neither had ever seen before, but wanted to try out. So agreeing to meet the following morning, they both left for their separate chambers to begin unpacking and arranging their personal items to their liking. 

The first thing Si Yin pulled out of his parcels were his books, a rare collection of poetry written by his mothers mother, and his own bedding.  Though grateful for what Mo Yuan had supplied him with, they were not his, and nor did he feel comfortable using them.  He needed to feel the closeness of home, and his blankets and pillow were very much a part of it.

It was then that he noticed the new Disciple Robes that were waiting for him on his bed.  How awful, he thought to himself as he picked them up to study them.  But no matter, he thought to himself as he quickly disrobed himself completely, and it wasn't until he was standing completely naked, did he notice he really was a boy in every way. 

 Having been raised in a household of men, the male anatomy was something Si Yin was used to seeing, but on them not herself!  The shock at seeing that thing attached to her lower region fascinated and sickened him, he couldn't help but touch it.

"How revolting." he cried aloud, as his hands felt the contours of his new anatomy. "Zhe Yan you sick bastard!" he swore loudly.

"Is everything alright Si Yin?" a voice came at him from behind.

Spinning around suddenly he found himself face to face with Mo Yuan who had come to check on him.  In horror, his first instincts was to cover his chest, forgetting completely that he was no longer a girl, while fully exposing his lower region.

"Uhh, Yes Shifu, I was just getting dressed." he said meekly, while trying to hide his nakedness and maintain his decorum.

"Good, start making your way to the hall when you are done." he said softly, before turning to leave.  But Si Yin did not miss the smile that was spreading across his face or the slight tremor of his shoulders as he walked out the door.

Throwing him a petulant look, he dressed himself quickly.  "Stupid boys and their stupid bodies." he grumbled softly to himself.  Once dressed, he looked down at himself.  The uniform wasn't really all that bad, there was plenty of room for ease of movement and the cloth was soft and comfortable.  And with his hair pulled high in its simple band and white ribbon, he looked very much the part of a Kunlun Mountain Disciple.

It would soon be dinner time, so deciding to take another short walk before he was called to the hall, he left his chamber and went in the opposite direction to see what lay beyond the pathways leading to his own chamber where he found himself by the Lotus Pond Zhi Lan had mentioned.  And it was as peaceful and calm as he said it was.  Also nearby was a dais!  Perfect he thought to himself, meditation had always been an important part of his life and the thought of meditating here, gave him something else to look forward to.

Then moving to sit quietly on the lower ledge of the Lotus Pond, he noticed a Golden Lotus flower.  How lovely, he thought to himself, as he swiped his hand through the water to make the flower move gently about in the ripples he had made.  "Aren't you pretty." he whispered softly to it, as he watched it dance back and forth, his hand slowly churning the water around it.

Suddenly the gong sounded, so rising, he stood looking down at the Golden Lotus with a gentle expression, before waving farewell and leaving quickly for the Hall.  Unknown to him, Mo Yuan had been making his way to the hall, when he noticed Si Yin playing with the Lotus.  And it wasn't until he left did Mo Yuan also notice the golden spray of energy that had suddenly appeared around it.  With a frown he approached the Lotus to examine it thoroughly, but finding nothing wrong with it, he was left with only one valid explanation.  The fan was not the only one to have chosen Qing Qius Bai Qian.