Chapter 11 - Part 1. The Proposal

1000 years later.

Since that day, Mo Yuan never once allowed his mind to return to their coupling.  Instead, once again, put Si Yin into his male role and that of his Seventeenth Disciple.  Though Zhe Yan would continuously push him with his endless pointed questions and innuendos.  And having already discovered that no such marriage proposal had been sent by The West Seas Palace, Mo Yuan felt there was no need to rush into anything, regardless of how hard his brother pushed him.  

They were seated at the side of the Jade Lake at The Peach Grove, sharing a drink and light conversation, while his Disciples had returned home for a rare visit to see their families..  And no matter what his brother said, Mo Yuan could not be coerced into taking the girl for himself, which he knew was the real reason why Zhe Yan had brought her to him in the first place.  The man was a meddling fool who lived his life on the gossip of others, gossip he himself usually created, just for the fun of it.

"But you know she is of marriageable age.  And you've heard the whispers coming from all the Realms, she is being considered for every Prince and Generals son."  Zhe Yan insisted.  "Because no one outside of The Fox Clan has ever laid eyes on her, the stories about her are becoming even more wilder with each retelling, and that, along with her eventual title of Queen,  is only increasing her worthiness as a marriage prospect."

Nodding, Mo Yuan had heard the stories.  Though some of them were true, and some not too far from the truth, the majority of them were lies created to shock the listener, though the more outrageous the story the more likely it would be believed.  But, as long as his Seventeenth Disciple didn't hear of them, he was not concerned. 

"She is my Disciple, and nothing more." Mo Yuan countered with a note of finality in his voice.  It didn't matter how he felt about her, he would let fate take its course, if she was destined for him, then so be it.  

Sighing, Zhe Yan knew when to stop.  Taking a sip of wine, he couldn't help but feel annoyance at his brother.  As far as he was concerned, the man was a moron.  Being one who could smell love from a mile away, he knew Mo Yuan loved her, and he even suspected, that Xiao Wu loved him, but to break through the mans dense head, was becoming more and more difficult. 

 What he hadn't told his brother, was there had in fact been 3 marriage proposals already, but one had been instantly turned down.  The other two being considered, came from the South,  and both Bai Zhi and The Empress were at that moment, on their way to meet both sets of parents.   Deciding to wait for the outcome, before he pushed again, he merely took another sip as they both enjoyed the peaceful afternoon.

____________________________________________________________

Si Yin, had decided to stay at Kunlun Mountain with her 2nd Senior Chang Shang, 15th Disciple Chu Qiang  and Zhi Lan, since her parents were not at the Fox Den.  With just the four of them present and no tuition scheduled until the return of his seniors in two weeks time and with Shifu away for a few days, they had complete freedom to come and go as they pleased.  

Deciding to spend the time they had within the grounds of Kunlun they wiled away the hours taking long walks in the lower valleys, something none of them had, had a chance to do.  There was so much of the vast surroundings to see, the chance to explore excited them all.  And being a small group, they could move about quickly.

Finding themselves on a path that took them past many waterfalls, they decided to stop to swim and relax under the hot sun.  The day was glorious, not a cloud could be seen, and everywhere they looked, they were completely surrounded by the enormous Mountain Ranges which kept their surrounds at an even temperature.

They had been there for most of the day, splashing and frolicking and generally being youthful as their energy swelled amid the laughter and happy banter.  Si Yin had not known such joy in such a long time, and though initially disappointed his parents had left knowing a holiday was coming up, he was now pleased he had decided to stay.