Chapter 22 - Days of Intrigue 3

"Lord Honghui, is not a man you need to know about Bai Qian." Zhe Yan said sharply.  

They were in his chamber, and no sooner had Si Yin passed through the door, than Zhe Yan automatically raised a privacy shield before removing the glamour spell.  Now they were arguing, though Bai Qian had no idea why.   

"But why?  So far all you have told me, I have to stay away from him.  He's dangerous.  He is not a man I need to know. But WHY?" she yelled up at him, her body only mere inches away from his.

Sighing, Zhe Yan did not know how to answer her, but what he did know, he was indeed a very dangerous man, and not one Mo Yuan would want her talking to, especially after that little display of hers.  

"For one Xiao Wu, he has seen through the glamour spell.  That little display of yours would have seen you lose a hand had he not!" he said softly, but there was no mistaking the anger beneath it.  "Im only going to say this once.  Stay away from him, or I will deal with you personally" he said as his eyes flared briefly and for Zhe Yan, that brief flare was enough to raise her brows considerably.  He did not lose his temper often, but when he did, as he had now, she knew he meant every word.

But that only made her even more curious, and if anything more determined to find out more about him.  If he had seen through the glamour spell, then all the more reason to learn as much as she could about the man, because to date, no one had been able to see through it and she knew just the person to ask.

Sensing where her thoughts were going, Zhe Yan placed his hand lightly on her shoulder and looked down at her with a soft look. "Xiao Wu,  he is not only a man who has won the heart of every woman who has ever looked at him, but he left them all broken, crushed and destroyed.  You will be nothing but one more play thing to him." he said, not once taking his eyes from her face.  "He has torn them apart when he'd finished with them.  Listen to me.  Stay away" then returning the glamour spell and lifting his barrier he led her from the chamber, desperately hoping his words would sink in.

Bai Qian looked back once at Zhe Yan, and her eyes widened in shock.  His eyes were misted, and for Zhe Yan, who never cried, his words did sink in. Not once in all her life, had he ever shown strong emotion as he was now, that she realized what he had told her was the complete truth, that Lord Honghui was one to be avoided at all cost.  But the urge to at least find out as much as she could was still foremost in her mind, and that didn't mean she had to talk to him or even look at him to get the information, she immediately went in search of Lady Cheng Yu.

______________________________________________________

"Ahhhh, now there's a real man." she said giggling lightly as her eyes flicked towards Prince Lian Song, who merely huffed and stormed off.  Lady Cheng Yu loved to talk, and if it was gossip, even better, but Bai Qian did not miss the slight frown that flitted across her brows at the mention of his name.

"Now why would a Kunlun Mountain Disciple be asking about The Demon Lord?" she asked suddenly, immediately causing Bai Qians mind to quickly come up a good reason.

"I saw him talking to Shifu, and I just wondered who he was." she said lamely, knowing full well that her answer rang untrue, but unable to come up with a better one, she just smiled lightly and waited.  If she had read Lady Cheng Yu correctly, she was not one to sit back on gossip and she was right.

"Well, he is devastatingly handsome of course, and that handsomeness has drawn our worlds most prominent women to his side.  But the man is very dangerous.  He not only takes their minds with those cold hard eyes of his, but he takes their hearts and their love, before completely and without mercy, destroying them.  He is the King of heart breakers"  she said softly, but her face had now darkened a little.   "But the danger isn't in his handsomeness or prowess, its in his mind.  In his head lies an absolute genius.  Save High God Mo Yuan, the man has no equal in Intelligence, and both are ruthless and unbreakable when faced with danger, or even love." she said somewhat cryptically before suddenly laughing again.