Chapter 28 - The High Consort 3

No sooner had her feet touched hard ground, than Bai Qians eyes opened.  Her energy was slowly returning to her and as movement also began to come back, she quickly jumped back to take in her surroundings, though it took a little longer for her mind to clear as she tried to recall what had just happened only minutes earlier.

The girl was still there, though many of the others were not.  "You do not need to fear us child, we will not hurt you." she said in that same soft lilt but to be called a child by one who looked even younger than herself, was hard to comprehend.  

"Where am I." Bai Qian asked abruptly, not liking the way she was taken or the their ability to completely close down her energy and take her power, her choices.  "How dare you! You do not have the right to take me or my power without my permission." she informed her angrily.  

Nodding her head lightly at her, Lai smiled.  "My dear, we had your permission.  You gave it freely by having your energy centers wide open." she said suddenly sounding confused by her open antagonism.  "Was this not your intention?" she asked as others suddenly began to appear behind her having been drawn to the sudden change in energy.

Bai Qian was lost for words.  Obviously they were two completely different cultures which did not understand each other at all.  Lai too was looking at her as if she had committed some crime she was unaware of.  No one had ever questioned their actions until now, and they all found it very interesting, having drawn even more of them to her side.

Looking around at the others who had joined them, Bai Qian took another step back.  How many of them were there? she wondered to herself as men also became visible, men who looked just like the women, though they wore thin beaded strips of silk around their heads which dragged the sides of their hair up behind their heads.  She also seemed to be a room exactly the same as the one she had left though the air was much lighter and brighter, she felt she could float here if she chose to.

As she looked around for a way out, one of the men moved forward.  He was taller than all of them, and the head band he wore was different in color to the rest, a deep purple with gold trim, but surprisingly of all, he almost looked like Dong Hua Di Jun.  Was he one of these people? she wondered.

Placing his hand lightly on Lais shoulder, he smiled down at her, which had her moving back towards her own people, and having Bai Qian moving forward a few steps to place herself directly in front of him with every intention of interrogating him as to her treatment.  

But suddenly being so close to him, she could feel the overwhelming power of his energy that though fully contained within his body, was strong enough to make her feel very small.  His almost sapphire blue eyes looked into hers with the most gentlest of expressions she felt her anger immediately give way and awe begin to take it's place.  Not even Mo Yuan could achieve the soft gentle warmth of his gaze that suddenly weakened her knees and caught her breath as she stared intensely into them.

"Child, you seem to be confused." he said in the most beautiful deeply resonant musical lilt she had ever heard.  Not even the Place of Creation sounded as lovely as his voice she thought to herself, though the sudden slight lifting of his brow had her shut that thought down quickly as the rapid idea that he could read her thoughts had her blushing heavily, which brought an even wider smile to his face, having never seen such a display of so many emotions in just a few seconds that were still flitting across the girls face. 

Allowing Bai Qian a moment to gather her thoughts and bring her emotions under control, he addressed her again.  "Your energy centers were wide open, this we took as permission to transport you to our world." he said in the same soft musical tone.  "Was this not your intention?" he asked looking down at her with the same gentle expression.