The Beginning

The dull ache in Marie Williams's body woke her up at the crack of dawn

The dull ache in Marie Williams's body woke her up at the crack of dawn. The wetness indicated her water broke and she mumbled to her husband who lay soundly asleep next to her.

"Terrence, wake up." She said with much effort holding the cry of pain building inside of her.

He muttered incoherent words and she felt the sharp knife-like jab hit her insides and it felt like her whole body reacted as a scream escaped her lips. That woke up Terrence as he looked at his wife with concern and then it hit him. He was having a baby.

In the next moment, Ryan the elder son rushed to help his parents as the whole house was in chaos at this time of the day. They drove to the hospital while the twelve-year-old Ryan tried to keep it together looking at his screaming mother and panicked father.

After that, the process was a blur, the doctors, and the waiting time where Ryan slept on the hospital chairs and his father paced around mumbling prayers through his silent lips.

"It's a girl." The doctor said with a beaming smile as Terrence broke down and tears and shook hands with utter vigorousness and gratefulness.

"Come, Ryan, meet your little sister." He said to the boy still half asleep.

"Not yet, sir, she is in the matching process." The doctor informed curtly.

"Oh, yes sorry. I forgot about all the excitement." His comment made the doctor frown like Terrence said he forgot breathing.

"Come along for the test; leave the kid with the mother Sir." He said and Terrence followed.

After various needles poking in the child of a newborn and the same time at the heart of the father as he stood there watching his little girl being tested for a potential match of DNA so that she will be paired with someone made for her and if not then she will be registered with a fresh DNA to match with another male born same time around her.

The test took more than an hour as the newborn exposed to more stress than suitable.

"She has no match, for now, we will give this a break and then inject her with new DNA that will be aired soon." Doctor explained.

"How is she?" Marie asked as Terrence brought their daughter back from the testing room.

"Asleep. She found no match." Terrence said.

And saw the annoyance on Marie's face.

"How can that be? They create DNA matches for all."

"Yes, they are making one for now as they inject her with a new one," Terrence said with a certain ounce of pain.

"What is bothering you?" Marie asked still feeling sore and weak.

"They are changing her DNA because her original one got no perfect match." He said the words out loud for her to understand and let them sink in.

"She will not be our daughter." She whispered the word in haunted realization.

"But those are the rules so let it be." She finally said abiding by the law of the country.

Terrence gulped and nodded.

Suddenly there was a beeping alarm in the hospital and lights started flickering.

"What is happening?" Marie asked trying to get up with difficulty after the ordeal of giving birth.

"I will check out, you rest right here," Terrence said rushing out to the room where the newborn was kept.

There was no light in the corridor and Terrence blindly collided with few rushing security men. Something was wrong and he wanted to find Ryan in this chaos but for some reason, his feet carried him to the place where newborn were kept.

There was chaos inside and he saw in the faint light of cellphones that they kept his daughter down back in the crib. Cameras were gone and no one would ever know.

But will she ever find her match?

Terrence wondered if this was right but before he could think too much he entered as the doctors rushed out to check that the problem was and carried his daughter to the section where the matched kids were lying.

"What are you doing?" A male voice caught him by surprise as he fumbled to find a way to escape in the darkness.

He kept quiet trembling in fear of the consequence of what he just did.

"She needs to have a mark on her arm to prove that she injected and her name in the database." The man said in the darkness, his silhouette tall.

"What should I do?" He asked hoping that man was not the enemy right now.

"Run now, I will handle this." He said in a stern tone.

"I can't trust you." He said in a shaky voice.

"Do you any other option?" He hit the mark with that.

As Terrence understood he was defeated he started to escape but stopped before leaving the room.

"Why are you helping?" He asked not sure what will happen now.

"I have my reasons, now leave."

And with Terrence ran swearing in his mind never to speak of this ever again.

Here goes.... DNA...

Really hope you like this after what I did in LOST and not hate me enough :)

This is written further if you guys like it..so please leave some reviews.