late night talks and surprises

Has another dream about the night of the accident 

Kayla's POV

I jolt up in my bed again breathing heavily again. I notice that I am in my bed and I look over and see chance sound asleep. I smile at the sight, but look over at the clock and realize its 4:30 in the morning. I sigh but lean over and give chance a kiss on the head and carefully slide out of bed and grab my crutches and make my way to the kitchen to take my medicine and then I made my way back upstairs to my room which had a balcony, so I went out there and sat there deep in thought. I was brought out of my though when I saw someone sit down next to me.

" I knew I would find you out here." Michael says looking at me.

" how?" I asked looking back at him.

" come on kay, we have been best friends since we were 4, I know you. so whats been on your mind lately?" Michael asks me and I just sigh.

" honestly....  that night has me scarred Michael and I thought I could get over it but overtime I close my eyes I'm back in that situation , only I don't make it out of there." I tell Michael with tears falling down my eyes.  He see me and he comes over and hugs me tight.

"Kayla your going to be ok, whenever you start thinking about the accident just remember that your fine ok and that its not real anymore. It can't hurt you." he says to me.

" Michael i am constantly reminded of the accident with this stupid cast. I can't do anything and I just miss you and chance a lot and I know that I sound so selfish right now but I just miss my best friend and boyfriend." I sob to him and he just hugs me tighter.

" Kayla I didn't know you felt this way. I feel like such a horrible best friend." he says to me, and I just shake my head.

" Michael in no way are you a bad friend ok, and I didn't tell you because I knew you would try and stay here when you guys were supposed to go to New York. I guess I just need to get used to the fact that we both have different career paths and we are not always going to be around each other." I say sighing but looking him straight in the eyes.

" everything is gonna change now Michael , we're growing up and it's never gonna be the same again." I say more tears spill out of my eyes.

" kay look at me." Michael tells me, and I look up at him.

"things are changing and we're growing up but, always remember that no matter what we are always going to be close and I will always be here for you. we are family and family always sticks together." he tells me and I lightly smile.

" thanks for that Michael , I think I needed to hear that." I tell him and hug him again tightly. We stay like this for a while then we release.

"you know Kayla part of this new chapter for you does involve Chance, you know y'all have been dating for almost 5 months now... heh do you see a future with him?" he asks and I can tell he is trying to lighten the mood and I just giggle.

" uh.. you know it is crazy to say but I really can see myself with him for long run. You know me Michael I was really never one to maybe even consider thinking about a relationship long term. but with chance it's different, I could be having the worst day but one look at him and I just smile. I know it sounds dorky." I say giggling and covering my face.

" it's not dorky kay and I am really rooting for y'all to be together for the long-run and be honest you would make some cute kids." he says and I gasp and playfully hit his arm.

" Michael thats wouldn't be for a while, and I don't even know if chance feels the same way." I say sighing and Michael just stifles a laugh.

" Kayla are you serious chance is so crazy about you, I mean we all see it. You should hear him when your not around , your all he talks about , well besides Brooklyn of course but the way he talks about you it's with real love and he really cares for you so don't ever doubt his feelings for you ok." he says and I just smile and continue to look out at the sunrise.