waiting and support

Kayla's POV

I was awoken by someone shaking me and when I woke up I remember we were still in the hospital, and it was Michael who woke me up. " Hey what are you doing here I thought you had rehearsals?" I asked him confused.

" Kayla its 2 in the after noon we got done early and I came over right away." he came and sat right next to me. 

" where is Alyssa ?" I asked noticing the she wasn't in the room.

" she is with miles downstairs in the cafeteria getting food for all of us." he said and I just nodded looking back at Jayden who still hasn't woken up.

" Kayla, Alyssa said that you didn't sleep at all last night until early this morning. what's wrong the doctor said Jayden is going to be alright ." he asked looking at me.

" I couldn't sleep knowing Jayden was laying here in a hospital bed hurt. I felt like if I even closed my eyes for a second that something would happen to him. " I said looking Michael in the eye.    " you know for as long as I can remember Ive always protected him and now I just feel like I failed him. I'm a bad sister ." I said crying into Michaels chest as he hugged me.

" Kayla you are not a bad sister . you can't control everything that happens. this was an accident ok. you do the best you can and you always sacrifice things for everyone. your pretty awesome." he says trying to cheer me up. " and chance asked about you this morning and I told him everything and he said he was going to come by later with Brooklyn because he doesn't want you alone. He's a really good guy . he's perfect for you." he says and I just smile. Just then the doctor walked in.

" good morning Kayla and Michael how are you?" he asked checking on Jayden's vitals.

" I'm good and thanks for the blanket last night doctor grey." I said to him.

He smiles and says, " its no problem Kayla , anyways he seems to be doing well he's stable and he would be ready to go home later tonight." and I let out a sigh of relief.

" um but why hasn't he woken up yet ?" I asked concerned.

" We have him on medicine that induces sleep so that way he's rested which is whats best for him right now. I just stopped the medicine dosage so he should be waking up soon so just come get me when he does until then stop worrying he's in good hands ok." he said and I nodded and he left the room. Michael just hugged me again and then Alyssa and miles walked in with food. I let go of Michael and miles came to hug me.

" how is he doing ?" miles asked and we sat down and he gave me and Michael our food.

" um the doctor said that he's fine and they just took him off the sleeping medication so he should be waking up soon but for now he just needs rest." I told them eating my food which turns out I was really hungry.

" thats good I'm glad he's ok. he gave us all a scare." miles said patting my back.

" yea he sure did, but anyways how was rehearsals Michael sorry I wasn't there it probably looked unprofessional on my part." I said asking him.

" Kayla I told Tim what happened and he completely understood he says that this week he's only gonna have you work with one group which is mine and chances group called timeless and were singing living on a prayer." he explained to me.

" thats a nice song." I said laughing and then they all joined in laughing when we heard a knock at the door and in came chance and Brooklyn.

" Brooklyn!" I exclaimed and she came and ran over to me and I hugged her and she sat in my lap.

chance came over and kissed me " hey babe how is he doing is he ok?" he asked sitting next to me saying hi to everyone else first.

" um the doctor says that he is ok they just took him off sleep medication so he should be waking up soon and he can leave tonight so thats good news." I explain to chance.