Car Accidents and injuries pt.2

Recap:

" are you serious Alyssa ?!" I say and she looks at me in shock. I knew it!

A little before miles caught Alyssa..

Alyssa's POV

I was sitting waiting for everyone to have their turn with Kayla when two police officers came over and wanted to talk to me. so I go and talk with them.

" alright so we of Course had to do a Toxicology test to rule out that you were driving while intoxicated and the results show that you had alcohol in your system. " the female police told me and I got scared.

"but it wasn't over the legal amount so we can't arrest you for DWI, it will go on your permanent record though so you do not get off easy missy." the male officer says and I nod.

" your lucky your friend is ok or else we would be having a different conversation right now , but when she wakes up we will talk to her and if she wants she can press charges against you so be prepared for that." they say and I start tearing up. Before I can say anything I hear a voice that scares me.

" Are you serious Alyssa ?!" miles says from behind me and I just stare shocked.

" miles I can explain." I try to tell him but he cut me off.

" explain what ! explain that you knew you were intoxicated and yet you got behind the wheel with Kayla in the car and just might have costed her , her life and career. " he says yelling at me.

" you know how she feels about alcohol. do you even care about her at all or are you that selfish!" he tells me.

" we will leave you two alone to talk but we will be back to talk to your friend ." the officers say and leave us alone.

" I do care about her she's my best friend." I yell back at him

" oh really you don't act like it , where have you been all this time, you don't talk to her at all anymore and are always out drinking or something and look where we are now." he says.

" well how would you feel if she ignored you for someone else . ever since she got with chance we never hang out anymore and she is always with Presley and aspen . its like she forgot about me." I explain to him and he scoffs.

" newsflash lays she wasn't ignoring you. your the one that pulled away from her, and to be honest you are just a selfish person , who now that Kayla has gained confidence you don't like that, because it means now you can't pressure her to do what you want anymore which makes you angry." he tells me and I disagree.

" well you just better hope that she doesn't want to press charges on you, but honestly I think she should ." he says walking off and after he leaves I start crying again.

Miles POV

After the argument with Alyssa I go back and sit with Presley and Jayden. Jayden crawls into my lap and looks at me.

" miles is Kayla going to be ok?" he asks with tears in his eyes and I hug him.

" she is going to be fine Jayden . she is just going to need more time to heal thats all." I tell him.

" why do bad things always happen to her she isn't bad ?" he asks and I just look at him.

" I don't know Jayden sometimes bad things happen to good people but Kayla is strong and is going to be just fine." I tell him and he nods.

" I want chance ." he says and I nod.

" I know bud , he's trying to get here as fast as he can. Him and Michael . they'll be here soon." I tell him and he nods and snuggles into my chest. I look over at Presley and give her a small smile.