Epliogue

3 years later...

"We're not late... you were just early!"

"Alex... we live here" Eli responded as Alex and Sky walked into our home at 2:30pm, even though we asked them to be here at one.

"Well then Jacob was early!"

"You mean we were on time" Enrique, Jacobs fiancé corrected, while Jacob laughed at Alex's attempts.

"AUNTY SKY!! UNCLE ALEX!!" Elena exclaimed as she ran and jumped into Sky's arms, almost tackling her down, before jumping into Alex's arms.

Elena was our beautiful 5-year-old daughter that we adopted 2 years ago. She was in the foster care system because her parents, who were Russian migrants with no other known relatives here, had been in a car accident. That left Elena with no family... until Eli and I came along.

We had a lengthy discussion about having kids since it had been a year into our marriage and Eli definitely wanted to be a father, but I hadn't been ready for the responsibility of a baby just yet. Coincidentally I ran into my old social worker just a week later and she had told me all about Elena... I knew then what I had to do.

"Did you guys see Zara's snapchat story today?" Sky asked as we made our way into the living room, where I had already prepared snacks and wine.

"Yeah, Marrakesh seems absolutely beautiful" I responded remembering her gorgeous photos of the city in Morocco. She had finally convinced Xavier to leave the work aside and travel the world with her before they had any kids.

Since Xavier was gone, Jacob and Aiden had been appointed to take over the work, and with Katherine having just got back to her firm now that Selena was old enough for pre-school, the two of them were too busy to come over today, despite our attempts.

We tried to make it our mission to gather around as often as we could. Although Sky and I saw each other the most as we had both enrolled into the same college, studying the same course, social work.

"I'm going to go play outside" Elena expressed pointing towards the little playground we had bought for her.

"Alright baby, just take care of yourself" I responded as I sat down next to Sky, opposite the boys.

Laid out on the table were a variety of tapas I had learnt to make over the years thanks to my mother's frequent visits.

"Wine girls?" Jacob asked, motioning the wine bottle towards Sky and I's glasses, causing a simultaneous "No, I can't" from both of us.

We looked over at each other with wide eyes before squinting and finally gasping in realization.

"What's going on?" Alex whispered over to Eli, Jacob and Enrique, who all simply shrugged whilst shaking their heads in confusion.

"oh my god how far along?" I asked at the same time Sky enquired, "since when?"

The boys continued their weird glances at one another trying to figure out what was going on, causing me to realise that Sky hadn't told Alex anything yet either.

"do you want to?" I asked, knowing my sestra would know what I was implying.

She glanced over at Alex before turning back to me and nodding.

"is something wrong?" Alex asked, his mouth pursed but slightly open as he burrowed his eyebrows.

Sky leaned over and wrapped her hands in mine as we looked over at the boys and told them, "we're pregnant."

Four pairs of eyes widened before us as Jacob and Enrique immediately rose up and engulfed us with congratulations. Once I pulled away from the boys, Eli walked up to me and embraced me, his soft yet strong arms seemed very protective as they wrapped around my small body.

As I leaned my chin against his shoulder I noticed Alex was still sporting a confused expression as he held Sky.

"Are you okay Alex?" I asked, hoping there was nothing wrong between the two.

"Yeah, I just, you said 'we're pregnant', as in with one..." he stated as he motioned his hand between the two of us.

It took me a moment to realise his thought process, but as Jacob face palmed himself muttering, "stupid", it hit me.

"Noooo! oh my god Alex, we're just pregnant at the same time, not pregnant with the same baby" I assured as the guys burst out laughing, an expression of relief washing over Alex.

"oh my god... my child is going to be the offspring of an idiot" Sky wailed jokingly.

As Eli's arm remained wrapped around my back I leaned into his chest laughing out of sight. When I looked back up I looked around, observing the fleeting joy across everyone's faces. I looked outside to where Elena was happily playing on her swings. I looked up at Eli as he looked down at me beaming before leaning down and placing a chaste kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes, letting the happiness soak right into my bones and savoring the contentment that fizzled in my heart.

♡ ♡ ♡

Authors Note: Wow! That was it! The very last chapter of my book. I can't thank you all enough for the ongoing support because if it wasn't for you all I would not have had the motivation to continue with this. I love you all ❤️❤️

P.S. ((If you liked this book please do share it with your friends 💖))