He hands me his phone and I'm careful not to pull too much because of his headphones laced through his shirt. My jaw drops at the sight of Rhys knuckles that are bloodied and scratched. Lachlan reaches over and slides across to a photo of his face.

"Is this why he isn't at school?" I ask, he nods back as an answer.

He has a cut lip as well as a faint bruise along his jaw. "The guy was bigger than Rhys and apparently the toughest muscle on the list of names. Everyone else isn't as big as Rhys which meant he got the biggest out of the way first."

"He isn't going to get into a fight with all of them is he?" Lachlan shrugs as he takes his phone back.

"It depends on how they react. Rhys caught him at the end of your street, he actually lives there so I think that's why he lashed out so violently," I run my tongue over my teeth, trying not to freak out myself. "But he won't be going near you or your house. Rhys is a scary guy when angry so he wouldn't be game enough."

"He's going to get himself in trouble," I bite the inside of my cheek, shaking my head out of concern. "He shouldn't have to do this for my sake."

Lachlan gives a soft smile. "But he will because he likes you and wouldn't handle you being hurt from his mistakes."

"So in the mean time he can get hurt himself?" I retort, frowning afterwards out of annoyance. "I'm guessing he didn't want me to know about."

He shakes his head. "Nope. He wants to keep you in the dark so the less you know the lower chance you could be incriminated for it. I need to go otherwise I'll be late for work."

"Okay. Thank you for telling me that," Lachlan smiles and goes to walk away. "Can you make sure he at least thinks about what he's doing? Like he actually has a plan not to get caught."

Lachlan chuckles. "We both know how smart he is. He won't as long as you're not in a threatening situation because he would most likely lose his mind and be impulsive, example A being Tuesday night."

"Have fun at work."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Yeah I'll have so much fun repeatedly telling kids no, you don't have enough tickets and please don't run around the machines. It's delightful."

I chuckle and he nods as he leaves me alone. Exhaling I feel my phone vibrate, looking down at it I hesitate to check the message. When I do it's only from Blair, but it's alarming to me.

From Blair 👠
Derek is coming to practice. Just thought I'd give you a heads up so you don't look so stunned.

Oh, great. The person who has single handly managed to turn my life upside down is going to be there. Somewhere I don't really want to be, where I have to pretend I don't want to rip his throat out. All because he's dating Blair.

It's safe to say this can only end in disaster.

By the time I've managed to drag myself inside the GYM where the court is split in two again I feel my palms sweat. I can see Blair standing at the bottom of the grandstand while laughing at something he's saying. Maybe I could make a run for-

"Hey! You took your time," Or not. I give a tight lipped smile and nod while walking closer to them unwillingly. "Where's Rhys?"

"Something came up," I spare a glance to Derek whose eyes seem to light up in amusement. "I still won't be staying long."

Blair frowns and steps out of Derek's arms while tightening her ponytail. "Why not? You don't have anywhere to be anymore, you can keep Derek company."