six | the full moon

Start bij het begin

Alison had set up the camera and now nervously waited on the edge of her bed with her phone between her hands. Every minute ticked by that grew a little closer to the full moon rising in the sky. She didn't believe that the full moon was capable of what Freya was suggesting, but she still hesitated to move towards the window.

The ringtone on her phone caused her to jump as her fingers trembled to click the accept button, waiting eagerly for Freya to say that she was OK down the line. Though, to her surprise, it wasn't Freya.

"Hi, Dear," Shelley, her manager, answered on the over end with her usual lovely, happy voice a tone of worry and fear. "I don't want to alarm you, but Freya ran into the woods. She didn't seem herself."

"She ran into the woods?" Alison questioned.

"She looked a little dazed. Her eyes shining and unblinking," Shelley explained. "It was quite bizarre and then she ran, right into the woods. I hope she isn't taking anything, you know what I mean."

"No! Freya isn't into that! Have you rang the cops?" Alison asked in fear for the answer. What was she supposed to do? How could she help if this was really the moon? And if the cops were brought into it, then the duo were at risk of being exposed — even if it was Freya's uncle.

"No, I thought you might know where's she's gone," her manager spoke. "Perhaps a special place or to someone. If not, I'll give the Sheriff a call."

"I-I think I might know," Alison whispered. "Please don't call the cops yet. Let me try finding her first."

"Please call me if you find her," her manager told her. "And if you don't, call me and I'll come to help you find her — I know what the full moon can be like. Then, we'll think about the cops."

Then she hung up, leaving Alison in a state of confusion as she let the last words sink in. What did that mean? Though that was the only thought she had as she was dialling Bella's number, thinking that if the Cullen's were something, then Bella was their best chance.

"Hello?" Bella answered.

"Hey, it's Alison," the girl said. "I hope you don't mind, but Freya gave me your number in case of emergencies and this is an emergency."

"What's happened?" Bella demanded.

"Freya is missing," Alison informed her. "She's not herself and I can't go looking for her or I won't be myself. I hope you're good with weird as I think Freya's either at Jacob's or at a cave near La Push beach."

"I'm used to weird," Bella spoke after a moment of silence. "I'll start with Jacob. I'll call you with any news."

There was a rightness to Freya that she couldn't explain. Everything felt brighter, lighter as if she was free from the world around her. Something was drawing her in, a tingly feeling inside her like a string tugging her, forcing her to follow to where it was leading. But she didn't feel like she was being controlled as Freya willingly followed the call.

Freya wished it would rain — wished she was closer to the sea, but she was still so far from where she needed to be first. She ran, faster than she thought possible as if the moon gave her the missing energy her mortal life needed. A bright smile appeared on her face at what tonight would bring for her.

When she reached his house, his name was falling from her lips. Before she hadn't remembered his name, but now it sounded perfect. Her lips enjoyed shaping the word. Jacob. Jacob. Jacob.