Tears quickly spilled down Ben's face, mixing with his blood as they dripped to the floor.

Ian glanced down at Ben and felt his heart ache. He refocused on the leader of the bullies and  took a few steps more, gaining confidence the further he went. He stood there for a moment with no words being exchanged and, to his relief, no harm being done to Ben. Though, the beaten boy didn't try to run. He didn't try to move at all. Ian was confused for only a brief second before he realized with heart shattering sadness that the boy was in too much pain to do anything other than lay there and cry.

Ian just stared at the bully as his sadness contorted into anger. Anger directed at none other than the three boys who had caused his crush so much pain. The extreme tension was broke as Ian punched the leader of the bullies square in the face.

Enraged, the bully harshly shoved Ian against the nearby lockers and punched him back. He spoke again, "Boys, make sure the looser doesn't get away. I'll take care of this one." He smirked before punching Ian a couple more times.

Trying to escape, Ian, kneed him in the stomach.

The bully grunted in pain before speaking, "Oh, you think your clever? I can do that too, see." Ian was kneed hard in the stomach and groaned in pain. The bully scoffed, "That all the fight ya got? Hah! Pathetic, just like you if you actually like that looser over there." He gestured his thumb towards where Ben was being beaten again. Ian looked back just in time to see Ben go limp.

Panicking, Ian yelled out to the boy, "B-Ben!"

"Are you concerned about him? Wow, you really do love that fag, which makes you one too. Gah, I'm disgusted that I ever thought you were cool." The bully stared at Ian expecting some sort of a reply. Though the one he got was not the one he expected.

"What...what's so wrong with liking him?" Ian managed to look the bully in the face as he spoke, showing just how meaningful his question was. 

"Huh? You serious? Oh my god you're serious."

"Y-yeah... I am"

"Well, if it wasn't obvious to you, your both guys and liking each other would be totally gross and wrong."

"Wh-why?"

"Don't you get it? Your just a bunch a sad, stupid, pathetic gays."

"Wh-what-" Ian was cut off by the bully.

"Shut the fuck up. I don't want anymore questions."

"Bu-" The bully wrapped his hands around Ian's throat.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Ian slightly cowered and the bully laughed. "Pathetic..."

Ian tried to squirm and claw his way out of the bully's grip. The action, however, only caused him to tighten his hands around Ian's neck.

"Ya know...I've had enough of you." The bully squeezed tighter and attempted to strangle Ian. 

The popular boy tried to gasp for air as his lungs screamed for oxygen and his face turned red.

It was only now that teachers and security guards started to break up the crowd and send the kids off to class. The two bullies that were still kicking Ben around ran off in fear of being caught.

The one that was choking Ian was pulled off of him and sent to class, no expulsion, no suspension, not even a detention. The staff didn't care nearly enough to do anything about what had been done. They didn't do anything about the still-unconscious Ben or breathless Ian either.

Realizing this, Ian quickly caught his breath and scrambled over to Ben. He picked up the oh-so-fragile seeming  boy and hugged him to his chest. As he hugged Ben, Ian didn't even notice the tears that were dropping down his cheeks and onto the other's bloody face.

When his emotions were out, Ian laid Ben's head in his lap and brushed his hair off of his forehead. Ian stared saddly down at Ben's face and wiped some of the blood away. It soon came back.

Ian sighed as a thought ran through his head, "Ben was still bleeding". Suddenly, alarm ran through Ian. Ben was still bleeding. He was still loosing blood. He was still dying.

 Ian quickly grabbed one of Ben's arms and felt for a pulse. He let out a relieved sigh when he could feel it. It wasn't strong, but it wasn't weak either.

Ian thought to take Ben to the school nurse but realized that she wouldn't do much for him and pulled out his phone to call 911. Soon, they were being taken away - Ben on a gurney and Ian sitting next to him in the ambulance.

  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo, almost 1500 words! Hope you enjoyed ^-^

Part 2 out soon~