Nice To See You Again...

Alec's POV
Five years after me and Magnus's breakup, the tension between the downworld has been intense. No one knew when or if a war would come along and change everything. I sighed, tapping my fingers on the desk trying to get out of this emergency meeting. It was going to be one of the typical ones where a vampire violated the accords blah blah blah. But that wasn't the reason why I wanted to get out of it—Magnus was going to be the judge this time. "Alec, the meeting is starting," Peter spoke as I returned back to reality. "What?" I asked, confused.
"It only started three minutes ago"
"Three minutes?! My job is on the line here!"
"Then you better go because Magnus is about to report you"
I rolled my eyes and ran to the meeting room. "Five minutes late, Lightwood," Magnus hissed. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. You were so close to ruining my position and never got the chance, shame," I spoke, rolling my eyes. I still can't believe how close of enemies Magnus and I are.
"Careful. I can still report you"
"I couldn't care less if you did"
Magnus just glared at me before averting his attention to the vampire surrounded by Clave members. "I didn't do anything wrong," the vampire snarled. "You broke the accords and killed a Nephilim," I snapped back.
"Do you have proof, Lightwood?"
"We had a lot of witnesses so my answer is yes"
"She made me do it!"
"She?" Magnus asked. "Elizabeth Loctore, of course," the vampire spoke with obviousness.
"The head vampire. And what does she have to do with this exactly?"
"Ask the head of the institute. He knows what's going on"
"I'm sorry, but I have no idea," I said honestly. "Sure you don't," Magnus snapped. "Elizabeth has been threatening him," the vampire called out.
"And you didn't happen to report it, Alexander?"
"I swear I didn't know!" I hissed. "This hasn't happened before," one of the Clave members spoke.
"It has, actually"
"And no one decided to report it?!"
"No"
"Alec Lightwood, you will no longer be the head of the institute until we figure out what's going on. In the meantime, you will follow the orders of Magnus Bane"