My Future That Could Have Been.......!

Rachelle's POV

*Flashback to just after Danielle left to go to the Chemist' *

Danielle left and I realised the time. It was nearly half 10! My appointment was at 11:00am. I ran into the wardrobe room and put on a long pink top with a thick gold neck strap, some black skinny jeans, some pink high tops and a black jacket. I grabbed my purse and letters and headed out the door.

Before I could close it, a hand grabbed my arm and yanked me back into the room.

"And where do you think your going?" Emma asked.

"Out, bye!" I replied as I headed for the door.

"Don't get clever with me Rachelle Drew!"

"Look, I'm going out to get some fresh air. I'm going to go bye some new clothes before I have to start wearing pregnancy pants and stuff!" I said.

"Okay, but call us if you need anything!" scorned Athena.

"Aye, aye sergeant!" I said, saluting and I matched out the room.

Once I left, I ran to the bus stop and luckily a bus pulled up not a moment later. I climbed aboard and I got to the main station in 20minutes. I only had 15 to get to the clinic.

I speed walked all the way there and I got there just in time. The receptionist bitterly told me where to go with a sour face. I climbed the four flights of stairs and waited for a nurse to take me to room 4L.

"Rachelle Drew?" a kind looking lady asked.

"Yup."

"This way please," she said as she lead me down a corridor.

The room door was open and so I walked straight in. I took a seat opposite the doctor.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Hannan. I'll be here to help through your ultrasound. If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to ask."

I nodded and then a nurse with a trolley came in.

I climbed onto the bed thing and held up my shirt as she squirted some of the gel onto the trans--thingy. It was cold and it stung a bit.

"Oh my!" said the ultrasound technician.

"What, what is it?" I said, starting to worry.

"I'm so sorry, but I cannot find your baby's heartbeat." she said.

"Right," said Dr. Hannan. "Have you had any strange symptoms recently, anything out of the ordinary?" she asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Please, just answer the question."

"Okay," I said gulping. "I had an extremely heavy flow whilst pregnant, but you can still be on your period at the start, my auntie was. Also I've had severe stomach cramps and back pains."

"Um." said the nurse.

"What is it?" I said now, pleading for answers. I wiped the gel off my stomach and pulled down my top. I now had tears pricking in my eyes.

(A/N NEXT PART MAY BE UPSETTING! SO SORRY! HOPE I DONT OFFEND ANYONE BY PUTTING IT IN MY BOOK! I KNOW ITS A SERIOUS MATTER AND IM SOOOO SORRY IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO SOMEONE YOU KNOW!!!!)

"I'm afraid the symptoms and ultrasound together points towards the fact that you may have had a missed miscarriage." she said.

"I'm going to be sick!" I said as I got up and ran to the toilets.

I threw up, repeatedly. I was also crying my eyes our. I got some tissue, wiped my mouth and threw it in the toilet. I flushed he chain and grabbed some more toilet paper. I walked out the stall and attempted to wipe my eyes but I still couldn't stop crying. I gave up trying to wipe my tears and I broke down.

The door swung open. I looked up to see someone else crying. I realised who it was.

"What are you doing here?!?!?!" Dani croaked, clearly surprised.

"I could damn well ask you the same thing!" I said as I wiped a tear from my eye.

We both just stood there staring at each other in shock.

"Well, I'm waiting!" I said.

She sighed but gave in. "I'm also pregnant, before you ask, not saying who by. This is my first scan. You?" she admitted.

"My first scan too." I said.

"Why you crying?" she asked.

I piped up the courage to tell her. "The doctors think I've probably had a miscarriage."

"Oh my gosh!!!!"

"Tell me about it!" I sniffed. "Why are you crying?"

"The doctors think my baby could have Downs!" she said, also sniffing.

"Oh Dani!" I said.

"Oh Shelley!" she said in return.

We hugged it out and cried.

We decides to go our separate ways but meet back at the main desk. I went back to my room which turned out to be right next to hers.

"Are you okay?" asked the nurse then clearly realised what a stupid question she asked. I nodded and thanked her with a smile. She smiled back and then left the room.

"We'd like to perform a few more tests, just to be sure." she said.

I nodded and she led away to another room.

It took us half an hour but we finally finished the tests. She confirmed her earlier suspicions that I had indeed had a missed miscarriage.

I met Dani by the main desk and she was silently crying. I walked upto her and realised she was holding a pamphlet about Down Syndrome. I hugged her.

"Well?!?!?" she asked as she called down.

I nodded and burst into tears, "Yeah!" I wailed.

We had to go to the chemist, supermarket and clothes shop as thats what we told the girls we were doing. We walked home together.

By the time we walked through the door, it was half two. We handed the girls their things and explained how we bumped into each other out side one of the shops. Me and Danielle decided to not tell the girls yet. We watched a scary movie called A Nightmare On Elm Street. It was terrifying!

For a brief moment I forgot about my non-existent baby. But only for a brief moment. Then I was left to wonder about my future.

My future that could have been.......!