Pins & Needles

Emma's POV

It was the day school started, as in school school. We all woke up at 6:00am precisely we had five clocks all going off at once. We groaned and woke up. Athena got the first shower.

"Crap!" she screamed.

Dani and Kylie ran to the bathroom and started banging on the door. Athena opened it and she had a towel around her body and around her hair.

"What?!?" she bellowed.

"You screamed," Kylie stated.

"What happened?" Danielle finished.

"Ohhhhhhhh, thaaaatttttt! Sorry guys, I just cut my leg shaving, lol!" she said as she winked then pointed to her leg. She turned, laughed then slammed the door.

Kylie and Dani crossed they're arms and grunted.

Me and Rachelle laughed.

There was a loud knock and me, Dani and Rachelle all called not it in unison. Kylie growled and strolled over to the door. She opened it. A tall welsh woman with black hair in a bun walked in.

"Come in why don't you?!" Dani said sarcastically.

"I will do Ms Asquith thank you very much!" she said in a _______ tone.

"K, and no probs miss!" Dani replied saluting with two fingers then giving a thumbs up.

"Anyway, these are your uniforms," she said, shoving them in my arms.

I scoffed. She smiled bitterly and walked out. We all grabbed the uniforms (by this point Athena had finished in the bathroom) . Now I got in the shower, washed my hair and dried it. I got my uniform off the radiator and put it on. It was a plaid green and blue skirt, a which blouse with a green and blue plaid tie. Also a black blazer which was optional and I put it over ny arm incase I got cold later on. I came out to discover both Rachelle and Danielle had already gotten a shower and Rachelle was dressed. Dani smiled at me and asked if she could borrow my hairdryer because she couldn't find hers. I gave her mine and laughed in a mocking way. She laughed too. Her and Rachelle wandered into the wardrobe room together talking. Athena had now gone into one of the bathrooms to apply her make-up and Kylie was still in the shower.

By the time we were all finished getting ready, it was 7:00am . We were gonna set off to breakfast at 7:20am so we could eat then go straight to lessons. We were listening to some Ed Sheeren (as it was my song choice this time) and I could tell it was coming to the end. I "accidently" hit rewind on the stereo and it went back to the beginning of the song. Everyone groaned and I just laughed menacingly under my breathe but shrugged when ever anyone looked at me. It came to 7:15am and I chose my fave satchel which had a funky pattern on and put in a pencil case and a smaller bag which contained: a purse, my dorm room key, some make-up, a mirror and a pack of chewing gum. I put a price in my mouth and the others did the same with theirs. Dani had a bag which was royal blue and contained.....god knows what. Kylie had one which was purple and contained.....god knows what. Athena had a turquoise one which contained.... god knows what. And Rachelle had a which contained...god knows what.

We put our bags either, on our backs, arms or over our shoulders. Kylie and Athena put their blazers on but me and Rachelle slung them over our arms and the Dani being Dani put hers over her bag. We made our way to the lunch hall and we sat down.

"Do any of you know where the little girls room is?" I asked desperate for the loo.

They all shook their heads.

"If who ever has the school map could give me it, I'll find it," Kylie handed me it and I went off.

I was looking down at the map when I bumped into someone. I fell to the floor.

"Owwwww!" I screamed in pain as I clasped ny wrist.

"Oh my word, I'm sooooo sorry!" I heard a male voice say.

I looked up from my hand and saw it was the boy, the boy from the lunch hall.

"Does it hurt?" he asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"Noooooo," I said sarcastically. "I just yelped in pain for the fun of it!"

"Oh yeah, course. Sorry.........again. Here let me see," he said taking hold of my wrist and hand. I felt sparks;

"Well, its not broken but it could be sprained,"

"Ahhhhh, so you're a doctor now then?" I asked jokingly.

"The Doctor! Care to fly away with me in my TARDIS?!?!" he asked.

"No, but my friend would be the perfect girl for you if you're into Doctor Who!" I said slightly sad it wasn't me who was obsessed with Doctor Who.

"I dont want your friend, I want you!" he said.

My heart nearly skipped a beat! With that, he grabbed my (non-sprained) hand and slipped a ring on it.

"A ring to represent that I want you!"

After he said that I got pins and needles in that hand he'd been holding.

"I'm Mason Ryans, you?"

"Emma Jenkins," I smiled then bit my lip.

"I'm so very pleased to meet you Emma Jenkins,"

He kissed my hand then strolled off in the opposite direction. I finally found the ladies and went there.

When I got back I sat down without mentioning Mason. I kept on hitting my hand to try and bring the feeling back to it. Even though I couldn't feel it, my hand was red raw.

"What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing?" Dani asked, puzzled.

"Hitting my hand," I stated.

"Well never!" she said sarcastically. "I meant why!?!"

"Oh you know," I paused. "Pins and needles!" I told her she lifted her head up as if to say O.K. and continued eating.

I couldn't believe my morning, both good and bad parts.

I could stop thinking about Mason. He sprained one hand and gave the other pins and needles!!!!