Meeting In The Passageway

Athena's POV

I wasn't coping well. The only thing I had eaten in 4days was a tub of ben and jerry's fish food ice-cream. I had lost 11lb since the night. I have had allowances at school, I still have to attend unless absolutely necessary but I have extra time on homework's and they understand if my grades slip. My parents visited me and comforted me but not much works. The only thing that cheers me up is my ring. I still wear it all the time, I don't think I can ever take it off. Even if I EVENTUALLY move on, I'd have to wear as a regular ring at least. All my friends sympathize but hope I move on soon. Not in a mean way, they just think that Kyle wouldn't want me to mope around forever, I understand, and besides, they're right.

It was around sunset on a Saturday evening. None of the girls had returned from tea. I decided to find them. I was searching through the school. I came upto a corner and I rested on the podium with a vase on it for a moment. As I lifted my arm off of the podium, I accidently knocked the vase,

"Nooooo!" I screamed as it began to tumble.

Once it reached about 45 degrees, it stopped moving and the podium slid backwards. A set of stairs came into sight below the podium. This school was sooooo weird.

None-the-less, I made my way down the stairs and down into a dark tunnel. I wondered whether the teachers knew about this pathway. I carried on and the underground corridor was getting slimmer and darker. I whipped out my phone and turned on the torch. This way I could see where I was going.

I began to hear footsteps behind me and I quickly turned around - no one was there.

I carried on, it must have been down to psychology, I watched a lot of scary movies and that was the typical thing that happened in these situations.

I got about another 15ft when I began to hear the footsteps again. Once more I pivoted around - still no one was there. I quickened my pace this time but so did the footsteps

I broke into a slow jog... As did the other person. Completely freaked out, I began running. I dropped my phone and as I turned to pick it up, I saw a tall figure. I didn't stop, I was too scared. Instead I carried on running and I fled into a room. The figure followed me. I was trapped. He stepped towards me and I began to scream.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm not going to hurt you...I wouldn't!" a young voice with a mild Irish accent spoke.

I opened my eyes and there before me, was Mason Ryans.

"Sorry, I just..." I began

"It's fine, it was a bit wrong of me to to follow you down here without saying. I just found you really cute," he said shyly (Awwwww!!!!!). "And also, I heard about your fiancé, I'm soooo sorry by the way."

"Thanks, it still hurts but I'm getting over it...slowly but surely."

"Maybe this will help....." he said and before I had chance to question his comment, he thrust his lips onto mine and left me overwhelmed. I didn't initiate the kiss but neither did I stop it. I felt bad because in my mind, I was cheating on Kyle although quite frankly...it was amazing.

He ran his hand through my hair and I rapped my hands around his neck. He pulled away and vanished from the room.

I looked down and smiled. There was a ring on the floor.

"Hey! You dropped this!" I shouted after him as I bent down to retrieve the ring.

There was also a letter next to the ring. I picked that up as well and read it.

"For you, sorry for making you startle, I just find you extremely attractive and couldn't keep away. I held off for as long as I could after what happened to you fiancé but it was no longer possible to hide my feelings. I hope you can forgive me and to show that I truly love you, I leave you this ring."

It was sooooo sweet.

I slipped the ring on my finger and left the room the way I came and I also strolled out of the secret passageway. I walked back to my room.

"Where the hell have you been!?!" asked Dani, looking worried.

"No where!"

"We've been trying to call you!" said Rachelle, sounding as annoyed as Dani and looking jast as worried.

"Soz guys, I dropped my phone and it smashed!"

"What have you been doing?!?" asked Kylie.

"Nothing I swear," I said lying.

"Athena!!!!" Emma scolded.

"Nothing much then!" I said.

The girls gave me a questioning look.

"What," said Emma

"Have," said Kylie

"You," added Rachelle

"Been," articulated Danielle.

"DOING?!?!?!?!" they all screamed in unison.

"Oh you know......same old same old...... Went for a meeting in a passageway......" I muttered.

"Fine, be like that!!" yelled Emma, as we all scattered off to our own beds.