But......................

Athena's POV

I was sat in the kitchen when the phone rang. I walked over to it but it was number I didn't recognise and so I just left it. I went back to the kitchen and made myself a ham and salad sandwich I was just about to apply the lettuce when the phone rang again. This time I picked it up to tell them to pee off because no one, and I mean NO ONE, gets between me and my food and gets away with it!

"What?!?!?!?" I spat down the phone.

"Well, that's no way to talk to your new deputy head, is it?!?!?!" she said in a posh tone.

"Excuse me, I think you might have the wrong number love!" I said smugly.

"Oh I don't think I do Miss Gregfeney, do you? now then, down to business. You took an exam around 3 weeks ago, is that correct?"

"Well, if you're soooo adamant that you have the right number then you should already know the answer to that question, shouldn't you?" I said, once again rather smugly.

"Please don't test my patience Athena and just answer the question, I have about another 50 of these conversations to make before 5:00 o'clock." 

"Fine, yes that is correct."

"Good, right then. You have been accepted to board Rosewood academy for academically gifted girls. Congratulations!"

"So, in other words I'm going to be sleeping at some all girls posh totty school for geeks?" I asked.

"Well, I guess you could put it like tha-"

"Thank you, that's all I needed to know, thanks but no thanks!" I said as the back door shut and my mum came in with enough shopping to feed an army for a week.

"Excuse me, I don't quite understand?!?" she said puzzled.

"Then let me help you to understand in terms that you can recognize." My mum looked at me in a funny way and came through and sat next to me. "I am compunctious to inform you that I hereby decline your proposal for me to attend Rosewood academy!" I said.

My mum gasped and snatched the phone out of my hand. "I'm sorry, I don't what came over my daughter she would be pleased to go there."

I went to reach for the phone but she just batted (no hardly) my hand away. "um hum..........um hum........ummmm hum........ ok, yes fine thank you so much, I will thanks again!"

I asked what was going on and she told me that her and dad wanted me to go to a school where I could reach my full potential. "I know it'll be hard at first, but hopefully all your friends got in as well," she said.

I could feel tears starting to build up in my eyes, "But............................"