My Baby Was A Peanut!!

Emma's POV

So today was the day. The day I became kid free. Yes...I decided to go through with the abortion, I'm sorry to everyone who thinks I'm doing the horrible thing. At least I'm doing it now, before it has time to develop. I've had several letters, pamphlets, several websites etc... They all say the fetus can't feel it. At least I'm doing it as nicely as I can, would you people rather I had the kid and then murdered it???? Didn't think so!!!!

I didn't tell any of the girls today was my termination date. They all knew I wasn't keeping it (they know my views on the matter) but wasn't aware I'd scheduled an appointment, let alone was attending one. Mason wasn't ever going to know I fell pregnant with his child. I still haven't told anyone he's the dad. For all they think, its this lad (Jack) back from senior school who I "hooked up" with. They don't know I "hooked up with him" I mean I did but they don't know that!

I decided to go alone. My appointment was at 10:35am. Luckily I managed to get it on a Saturday as I was a student and they didn't want me missing important lessons due to my Irresponsible actions!' . I was fine with that.

All the girl were still asleep at 9:00am, usually me and Danielle are up at this point, talking. I guessed she needed the sleep. I got up and dressed. I put on a galaxy dress which was longer at the back, galaxy vans and a purple over the shoulder bag. I grabbed my phone, a copy of the letter I'd made (I kept the real one in my bedside table lockable cabinet), my purse, my keys, some paracetamol and a mirror. I snuck out the room and checked out the reception. I caught a bus onto town, 20minutes of silence and misery. We pulled up at the main station. It was only 10 so I decided to go around town.

I felt like someone was watching me so I quickened my pace. I was surrounded by a swarm of busy people. I turned down Sangot street. The hairs on the back of my neck went down, I was defiantly alone again. It was now 10:15 so I made my way to the clinic.

I arrived at half ten, I provided my school ID, my letter from the clinic and I filled out some basic forms. The woman at the desk told me to take a seat and that a nurse would be right with me.

I sat there thinking about what I was about to do. Only a few more minutes and I'd no longer be pregnant. I was staring into space but was soon brought back down to Earth when a nurse said,

"Emma Louise Jenkins? Anyone here named Emma?"

"That's me," I said.

"If you'd like to follow me, we're ready for you now," she said and I followed her.

We came to room 17. I walked in, luckily I had a female doctor.

"Hi there Emma," she said. She seemed nice. She was only young herself, early twenties I'd say. She had black wavy hair and green eyes. She was wearing a black, knee-length, fitted skirt, a which shirt and a doctors white coat. On the breast pocket of her overcoat was a name tag saying Dr. Jia Liáng. "We just have to run through some routine questions, is that ok?" she asked me politely. I nodded.

"Ok, can I get you anything?"

"Would..." I began but my voice was quiet and croaky. I coughed. "Would a cup of water be possible please?" I asked her.

"Of course, of course" she got up and moved towards a water cooler and got me a cup of cold water. She handed it to me.

"Thank you,"

"Its fine. Now then. For the questions. Just answer them naturally. We don't want you thinking we judge you, its your business, its just for legal reasons that we ask you such questions. If you really dont want to answer a question, for whatever reason, just say and you wont have to." she told me with a smile.

"Now then. Name..."

"Emma Louise Jenkins."

"Date of Birth..."

"18th of January 1997."

"Father of the child..."

"N/A."

"Reason..."

I gave a puzzled look.

"Reason as to why he's N/A. Do you not know who he is? Has he moved away? Have you moved away? Etc."

"He doesn't know about the baby and also because I don't want to name him."

"Roughly when was the baby conceived?"

"About 3weeks ago."

"Have you had a scan?"

"No."

"Would you like one?"

"No." I said immediately. "Wait, yes please if it isn't too much bother," I asked.

"Not at all," she said and walked out the room.

Not a moment later she came back in with a trolley of equipment. She squirted some of that weird gel onto the stick thing. She put a blanket over my bottom half and I lifted my dress up. The gel touched my skin and it was really cold. She moved the stick thing around and looked at the little monitor.

"And there.........is your baby!" she turned the screen to face me and the machine beeped away as it printed out a copy of the scan. Dr. Jia cleaned my stomach and handed me the picture of the baby. I pulled my dress down.

"Now then, are you ready?" the doctor asked me. I sat there, silently with a tear running down my cheek."

"Miss Jenkins?" she repeated.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry to waste your time but I just can't go through with it!" I said and I rushed out the room. I came to the main reception. I was staring down at my baby. I heard a racket and looked up to see Dani nearly attacking the receptionist, shouting abuse and the others holding her back.

"Woah woah woah!" I shouted. "Calm down Dani!"

"Why didn't you tell us Em?" asked Athena.

"Because. I didn't want your sympathy. Anyway, I didn't go through with it. I'm still pregnant. And here they are!" I said as I held up my picture.

"Awwwww, where are they?" Rachelle asked. We all laughed and Kylie pointed the baby out.

In Shelley's defense, it was tiny!

We all walked out the clinic together.

"Anyway, what I want to know is how you guys knew where I was!" I said.

"Well," Dani began. "When I woke up, you were gone so I looked around your bed and stuff to see if I could find out where you'd gone. I was looking on top of your beside table when I saw a piece of paper poking out the side of the lockable part. I tugged on the paper and it cane out. I read it and woke up the girls. We all rushed to get dressed and hurried straight down to the clinic. And the rest as they say...is history!" she said and we all laughed.

"Oh well, thank guys, for being there I mean."

"No probs Emma!" Kylie said and winked. I looked back at the scan in my hand. I kept staring at the little peanut shape in the top left corner. That was my baby.

My baby was a peanut!!