Grinning Like A Maniac

Danielle's POV

I was lying on my bed with all the girls sat around me. I was sobbing but no tears were coming out! I was all cried out.

"We're so gonna make him pay!" Emma said smashing her fist against her palm.

"No! I never wanna even think about him again so just leave it!" I said wiping the mascara.

I went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up. I took a long hot bath and relaxed. He was no longer on my mind. I towel dried my hair then curled it. I walked into the wardrobe room and picked out the perfect outfit. A light blue lace white shirt without sleeves and the collar had press studs on. I got out my white pre-ripped skinny jeans and grabbed my pale blue high tops. I walked up to our dressing table and applied a light layer of blush, black mascara and black eye-liner. I then pug on my light pink (peach flavoured) lip gloss. I grabbed my knee length black bag and slung it over my shoulder. I shoved my phone, keys and purse inside and walked out the door. I got half way down the corridor when I heard our door creak open. Without even looking I knew it was Kylie and Athena.

"No guys," I said, still without turning. "I need to be on my own for a bit. I wont do anything stupid......well.......MAJORLY stupid and I'll text you if I need you. I appreciate it but something's ya gotta do without your mates!" I chuckled and walked away. I could her murmurs so I knew the girls were discussing me. I didn't care. I wandered around for a bit and I came to the main doors. These were the first doors I ever entered at this school, right before I took that stupid exam! I forgot about that and I walked out of them. A lady (the receptionist) saw me.

"No leaving school premises! You may explore the grounds but no leaving!" she scorned.

I simply saluted and left. I walked around the fields. I came to a huge tree, oak I believe it was. I climbed it, I just love trees and nature and stuff like that. I especially love climbing trees. I got about 15foot up it and I came to a sturdy branch. I sat on it. I closed my eyes and I began to sing. I sung The Monster by Eminem ft Rihanna. It was one of my favourites at the time. I got up to the second set of raps (yes I rap!) when I heard someone say,

"You're amazing!"

He scared me so much I fell out of the tree. Luckily he caught me and my heart skipped a beat (now I know this sounds like the type of thing that only happens in the movies but it really happened and I was just as shocked as you!). I realised it was him, the hottie from assembly. And he was even cuter up close!

"Sorry, didnt mean to startle you," he said genuinely sorry.

"It's fine," I said as he put me down.

"So, what's your name?" he asked intrigued.

"Danielle Asquith, and you?"

"Mason Ryans. And what a pleasure it is to make your acquaintance!" he said and bowed as if I was a princess. I giggled and he joined in.

"What are you doing here anyway?" I asked him nicely.

"I could ask you the same thing!" he said crossing his arms across his chest. I put my hand on my hip and cocked my eyebrow up slightly.

"Woah! Joking! I always come here, this is my spot. Ever since I started coming to this school I would 'escape'" he said making quotation marks with his hands. "out here. I always thought the view was outstanding and breathe taking. I always thought it was the most amazing view out there!" he sounded soooo sweet and perfect.

"Until today! Now I realise this view is the most amazing view!" I shoved him playfully!

"That is the cheesiest thing I've ever heard! But it was kinda sweet!" I said.

"Well its true!"

I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment, they must have been crimson. I quickly looked to the ground. When I looked back up he pushed my hair out of my face and I bit my lip. He smiled and I did the same. He entwined our fingers and I felt him place something in my hand. Before I had the chance to see what it was, our lips collided. He smashed his lips onto mine. It felt so right. We both smiled into the kiss but before it could get any more heated ge dashed away. I felt dazed at first (in a good way). I realised what had just happened and I opened my hand. It revealed a ring. It was gorgeous. There was a small price of paper rolled up inside the ring. It read: This is a promise ring. It's a promise from me to you, promising that my heart belongs to you and that I am truly yours.

I sighed and walked back to our dorm. I collapsed on my bed and fiddled with the ring on my finger. The girls walked in and I stopped twisting the ring on my middle finger on my right hand.

"Oh there you are! Wanna come grab some lunch?" Rachelle asked me.

"Sure, why not?" I said whilst smiling.

"Okay, why are you grinning like a maniac?" Athena asked slightly scared.

I shrugged. As we walked out, I caught a glimpse of my face in the bathroom mirror. I was grinning like a maniac, and I didn't care!!!!!