Seeing as it isn't midnight yet

The coming of night brings many things. For me, these things are rarely happy. I often look back upon my day, as the moon reflects the day's sun. I see my flaws and my mishaps. Each mistake is accented by the harsh  moon's light. That orb of night calls to me, telling me of blissful detachment, tempting me with the fantasy of forgetting emotion.

     There was a time, a lengthy period of time, when I gave in without a second thought. I saw the  moon's offer as a gift, and a magical blessing to keep me strong. I lost my nature during those years; I lost my self. I was not who I was meant to be and I was dying. My mind was in pieces and my morals were mush. But then I met Hope.

     Another of my kin. A survivor of the fateful night. Zera was a light in my darkness. She showed me the falsehood of the moon's creed. Her unblemished self may have been marred by the terrors of what happened to us both, but she was living proof of what I needed to become.

     The night brings many feelings, some happy, and some sad. The moon has many faces, your fate just depends on which one you choose to gaze. The bright, or the dim.

     Goodnight, Zera, and thank you.