The Clock

It began around teatime. I left the round, glass table to get a cup of coffee (as my tea had run out and I was bored of its flavor). In the hallway I ran into Tom. He's a merry old fellow, Tom. As Tom was walking along, he ran into Luke who just got back from a talk with his father before his father knew him.

     I noted these chance meetings, perchance they were not chance? As I walked past the clock, the clock spoke the time. Immediately, I ran to the kitchen to prepare the dessert. One had arrived and this day ran by a tight schedule.

     A Merry young fellow walked out if the kitchen as I entered, the cake was ruined, half-eaten. "Hey!" I yelled. "You just can't have your cake and eat it too." By the time I had fixed up a new cake the clock said another thing. Two had passed. Three had passed as well. My guests would be aggravated.

     I brought out the cake and other variously assorted delicacies. This act of goodwill reaffirmed their trust in my ability to host such a party. I managed to join in the proceedings for several hours.

     Eight and all before had passed by the time the games began. We were to enjoy a time of Clue, Risk, and Chess. The short orange patato-head beat us all at the time we played the War Game Risk. Until the time of War came by, that is.

     It was fantastic when we played the game Chess, because I managed to reign supreme. Nine's time was now, it was late and we were becoming tired.

     Ten was when we discovered French was such a lovely language. We each tried out the tongue, but love is not my first language.

     Eleven was a wild time, games, sugar, and fun were rampant. Twas enjoyable.

     Twelve drew nigh as these paragraphs grow shorter. Things became calm and rigid. I took a seat as the guests began leaving. Soon no one was left but me. Me and the clock that rang Twelve.