Ninety Seven

August 22, 2014

Meek

Waking up the next day I meet up with Candi and Rika.

"Okay so what's so important you had to talk to me about?" She asks. I chuckle.

"Nicki and nothing else " I say mushing her head in. Rika laughs.

"What's going on with Nicki?" Rika asks as I take a seat.

"Nothing that I'm not aware of. I just needed to know something. Getting to know Nicki over the year and all we had our talks about our history and all but she never brung up what she did before she got with Blaze" I say.

"Oh before Nicki got tied up with Blaze she was so much more spontaneous. Her personality was more characterized and lively." Candi says.

"Yeah and we all know how smart she is. Nicki was a real scholar back in college. Graduated in top 25% and started up a business in music and fashion. She was never so dark sided you know" Rika says.

"Nicki never brought it up to protect herself probably. But I'm sure if you ask her she will talk all about it" Candi says.

"Yeah. But I need to dip up out of here. All this shit going on I gotta be any and everywhere yet nowhere" I say. They laugh.

"We'll be at y'all crib later with Thembi. She said she wanted to see us" Candi says.

"Aight. Later" I say and pull off. After making some rounds I go back to the house and see Nicki cleaning up the kitchen.

"Aye we gotta talk" I say taking a seat on the couch.

"Meek if this is about last night-"

"Shut up and sit down Nic" I gritted through my teeth. She sighs and sits next to me. "I wanna know what you did before you got into all this" I say. She looks toward me.

"I owned a clothing store and was a singer for a while"

"And you were happy with that?"

"Meek I was successful at what I did. I knew I was going to achieve better" She says. "Then Blaze fucked it all up for me" She says mumbling the last part.

"What you mean?" I ask.

"When I was against helping Blaze with his drug smuggles and gun transactions he made me foreclose my business and when he abused me I couldn't sing. And I was about to get this record deal of a lifetime" she says.

"Blaze needs to be murdered a millions times by you" I say. "Nic you do deserve more than this and I understand that the you before all this is still in you. You basically told me last night that since you did what you had to do and more that this shit is becoming dead to you"

"It's just when I look at what's around me this isn't how I pictured bringing a baby into the world and have them be apart of something like this. I mean how would you feel if you had high hopes for your daughter and you didn't want her to throw her future away all because she rather play with guns and be around dope dealers. She could end up with niggas like Jade hanging around" she says.

"Baby you making good points and I'm not going to argue with you on it. If you wanna be doing something better than this after we finish this shit off then you can, but just know I'm not giving it up."

"Meek you don't have to but I'd like for you to be a business man. You're so much more than what you credit yourself . And if I was being honest I'm scared for you Meek. I don't want anything to happen to you and I end up alone with our kids". Nicki covers her face to hide the act that she was crying. The more she develops in this pregnancy, the more she gets emotional and hormones get twisted.

"Baby I ain't going no where and you know that. I promise you" I say. She smiles and I give her a kiss on the lips. She hugs me.

"Please just think more about it Meek" she says before getting up. "I gotta go get dressed. Candi and Rika are suppose to be coming over" she says. I nod. What's Nicki scared of?

Nicki

After talking to Meek I run some shower water and undress. Feeling the warm water running down my back an I feel at ease. I hear Meek walk into the bathroom and back out into the room.

After showering I step out and wrap the towel around me. Meek was on his phone and eating.

"There's food down stairs for you" he says.

"Okay" I say trying to pick out some underwear and a comfortable bra. Feeling Meek walk up from behind me he turns me towards him and rubs on my stomach.

"You sexy when you pregnant" he says. I laugh playfully pushing him away. Hearing the door being knocked on Meek kisses me and walks out to let me finish getting dressed.

I slip on my black joggers and Gucci's shirt and jacket. Walking downstairs I see Candi, Thembi and Rika.

"Hey preggers" Thembi says hugging me. I giggle and hug her.

"Hey" I say. Meek walks past.

"I'm out" he says and kisses me.

"What time will you be back?"

"Don't know. I ain't gone be out late"

"Okay".

"So what you been up to?" Candi asks.

"Nothing" I answer.

"So I leave and you and Meek are engaged and expecting" Thembi says. I laugh.

"Yes that is correct" I say.

"That's cute. I heard it's a girl"

"It is a girl" I say smiling.

"So we are going to be planning your baby shower" Rika says. I smile.

"I haven't even thought about one" I say. "But okay, thanks"

"Well have y'all thought about when you wanna get married? I mean before or after the baby comes? " Candi says.

"I want our wedding after the baby comes so I can look best and our baby girl can be in the picture physically" I say.

"See Rika I told you" Candi say nudging her arm. I giggle.

"Okay how many months are you Nic?"

"Four months barely" I say.

"I can't wait for to all just come together" Rika says smiling and rubbing my belly.

"I can't wait for you all to get a baby. Well Candi atleast. Thembi and Rika I know y'all have your kids"

"Child" Thembi says correcting me. I laugh.

"You get what I mean" I say laughing. I pick up my phone. Seeing Stormy calling me I answer.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Meek and the chasers are about to go meet with Jamel and his crew!"

"What!?" I shout.  Candi and the girls look at me concerned. Hanging up I call Meek. He didn't answer and I call Omelly.

"Omelly where is Meek?!" I question.

"Nicki I was just about to call you. Meek is about to go meet with Jamel."

"Alone?!" I shout.

"Nah sis, you know we with him"

"Fuck that! I don't give a fuck if Kunta Kinte was with him! Send me the address to where y'all are going!" I say and hang up.

Shae 💰