Twenty Two

October 6, 2013

Meek

I was on my way to meet Nicki at her house when I get a knock at my door.

"Rihmeek!" I hear along with banging on the door. "I know you're here! Open up!"

"Man what the fuck you want now?" I ask the officer. He was standing with a detective.

"Robert meet Detective Picks." I just stand there.

"I hear you're a big time dope dealer of Philly and the rest of the east coast" he says. I continue not saying anything. "Listen we've had at least 12 homicides the past two months. We figure you'd know some people who has been out on killing sprees"

"No. And if I did I ain't gone snitch on 'em" I say.

"You remember Detective Bunch? He thinks you're linked to all the murders. Only because we've had people confess to them whose stories don't check out on it". I laugh.

"Y'all sound stupid. Y'all always talking about justice and shit and when people come forward to admitting they did it y'all wanna put them back on the street and throw innocent people in." They look at each other and back at me.

"Just because they confess don't meant it's them. We'll be working on these cases and if we find out you're linked to any one of them your probation will no longer exist"

"I ain't got shit to do with anything. I ain't saying shit either so fuck off my porch" I say slamming the door in they face.

I finish getting dressed and go over to Nicki's. She lets me in and goes back into her kitchen.

"I had some people drop by to see me " Nicki says as I take a seat at her table. Watching her scramble up some eggs.

"Who?" I ask.

"An officer and a detective. They were asking about you" she says glancing at me.

"I don't see why they on my ass" I say.

"Probably because only people to blame are you and Jewel" she says. "And with Ronnie being no where in sight he is debatable to them" she says.

"What?" I ask. She turns to face me.

"I talked to Rylie and Renee and they said Rennie was the one who got shot. Omelly got em twisted" she says. I rub my chin and sit back in my seat.

"Damn" I say. "They know where he is?"

"They said they haven't heard from him in six months. I told em to have him find me"

"Why you?"

"Do you really think he will try and come find you?"

"If he ain't a bitch and be a real nigga he will" I say making her laugh. She finished cooking and makes me a plate.

"This just makes me think about if Blaze really didn't get smoked to death"

"Now I won't believe he somewhere in the streets" I say. "I mean it's been too damn long, but if he is that's just more problems"