Thirty One

November 2, 2013

Nicki

I wake up mad as hell. But I was just hurting. I just lost two people I literally was just talking to days ago.

"Here baby" Meek says handing me a bowl of mangos.

"Thanks" I say taking it. He lays across the bed.

"How you feeling?" He asks me.

"I feel mad Meek. I'm really upset. Dutch and Mack.... they were always around with me" I say. He rested his head on his hand propped up by his elbow. I rub my forehead. "Never do you think your best friends will be gone one day" I say. "I appreciate you getting at Calvin but I don't feel right. So much happened at that damn party" I say.

"Yeah that shit was crazy as fuck" he says. "But we ain't gone sit up in this house and let life pass us by. We got business to handle Nic. And you know what you gotta do" he says to me. Shaking my head I just put my face into my hands.

"Gotta catch some bodies" I say shrugging. Getting up I go to the bathroom and wash my face.

Meek

Nicki ain't been too happy these days and I ain't feeling it. Days ago she was all happy and we was good with everybody. Then Blaze and Ronnie both show up out of no where? Like what the fuck is really going on?

I know we can find a way to get all this bullshit going on figured out. I just try and keep Nicki's mind off all of it.

I watch as she slips on some sweats and put her hair in a bun.

"I gotta go pick up a prescription and some stuff for the house" she says.

"Want me to go?"

"Nah. I'm good" she says pecking me on the lips before leaving. Laying back on the bed I'm just trying to figure out some shit.

Jamel ass it out running around doing some shit. Ronnie and Blaze together so I know for a fact they got some shit planned. Ain't no more problems on Nicki with Calvin dead.

Polices is on everybody asses. Except Ronnie and Blaze because they ain't seen no activity from them... yet. I sit up and grab my phone.

"Yo O" I say.

"Sup, how did doing?"

"She trying man. Cookie?"

"She ain't been around me since. Said she just wanna be alone"

"Yeah I think that's what Nicki want too. But listen we gotta get with the chasers and leave somewhere"

"Why? Where?"

"We gotta set up Ronnie and Blaze" I say.

"I know that" he says. "What's on ya mind?"

"Polices been hot on everybody they know runnin around and doing shit except them two. So we gotta give them some new activity"

"Yo polices still trying to figure out what happened with Dash. Some jawns getting questioned on Deuce and Bambi."

"Damn Nicki might be questioned soon too" I say smacking my teeth.

"I wouldn't be worried about her"

"Yeah but you know Nicki a hot head right about now. She might catch a case if anybody ask her about anything with all that's going on in her head"

"You might be right. Where she at?"

"She left. Said she gotta pick up a prescription and some stuff for the crib"

"I'm out right now if you wanna have me look out for her. Polices roaming around now"

"Yeah man do that for me. I'll hit you back in a minute"

"Aight, bet" he says before hanging up. I go to answer the door and see Detective Bunch and Detectives Picks.

"Oh look who we have here" Bunch says. "I'm not surprised you'd be with Nicki M" he says.

"And I'm not surprised you'd think that. Can't get nothing past you" I say sarcastically.

"Where is Nicki M?" He asks.

"She is out running errands. Why?"

"We have to ask her some questions about Dash's cousin Deuce. We wanted to question him about Dash but he seems to be missing. Maybe you would know something" Picks says.

"What makes you think Nicki M got something to do with any of that?"

"Well we heard she dated him before she got with you. Maybe she knows anything he had planned" Picks says. Nicki then pulls up and looks confused as she gets out the car. All I can think is oh shit.

"Hello Nicki M. I'm detective Bunch and this is Detective Picks. We were hoping we could ask you some questions"

"About?" Nicki asks glancing over at me.

"About your ex boyfriend Deuce. We are working on his cousin Dash's case. I'm sure you heard about the situation down by the port months ago" Picks says.

"I did. I had nothing to do with that though"

"We're sure, but we think Deuce has some information on it and we believe he does because he hasn't been seen to have any activity whatsoever in the past few months"

"I haven't talked to Deuce since we broke up. He cheated on me with some bitch named Bambi and he's been around with her. Once I break up with a person I'm done. And as far as his cousin Dash I never interacted with him because he is a disrespectful son of a bitch. "

"So you haven't seen or heard from any of them?"

"I just said no" She say getting mad.

"We're just clarifying"

"Clarifying when there are other cases. Like the fact one of my best friends and her boyfriend were just killed by Blaze and Ronnie the other night" She shouts. I then walk over and tries grabbing her. "No fuck this" she says pushing past all of us, going inside and slam the door shut.

"Did she just say Ronnie and Blaze?" Detective Bunch asks.

"Oh you didn't know? Those two niggas are back. They the ones you need to find for questioning" I say and walk off. Smirking I go to find Nicki in the bathroom.

"You not slick for that little performance" I say laying across the bed. She giggles a little coming out the bathroom.

"Omelly texted me saying that I might be in question. I thought about doing that as soon as I pulled up" she says. I chuckle.

"You wild"

"So are you"

"Yeah but I was talking to O about setting up Ronnie and Blaze and you gave me the perfect opportunity to distract them from us and pay attention to them" I say.

"Good. They asses gone pay for what they did. Their problem is they think of us as their property still and I ain't going for that shit" she says. I bite my lip listening to the hood coming out of her.

"Like I want them locked for years if they can't go six feet under" she says making me laugh hard.

"Baby I get it. You mad. I mad too. Mack was a homeboy" I say.

"What you got set up?" She asks.

"Not sure yet"

"Well when you figure it out, I want in" she says leaving out the room. "I'm gonna start cooking" she shouts.

"Ard" I say getting on my phone. Time to make some moves.

Shae 💰