Forty Eight

February 14, 2014

Nicki

Not even caring about a fucking Valentine's Day I get some flowers sent to my room.

"Bad bitches only get the best" is what the card said. I laugh. Meek.

I was getting released today and Meek was was going on trial tomorrow. It was just a hearing to see if it's valid or invalid to have him serve time.

Detective Bunch has been an ass towards Meek since he found out he was even involved in the slightest of shit since what went down last month. 

Candi then walks in.

"Ready to go?" She asks.

"Yes" I say happy I was getting out of this damn place. Candi helps me get ready. My doctor gave me a prescription cream to rub on my leg every night for the next four weeks before bed.

I just try and ask myself why didn't Blaze just shoot me dead. Is it cause he wants to get his shit before? Or does he have something planned more serious?

"Nicki are you sure you will be okay alone?" Candi asks.

"Yes and don't do that checking in on me shit. You'll be getting on my nerves mother Teresa" I say making her laugh.

"I just wanna make sure my best friend is going to be alive and well" she says.

"I know" I say kissing her cheek. She pulls up to my house and Rico pulls up behind her car. Rocko gets out and runs to me.

"Hey baby" I say picking her up. She sees the stitches in my leg and growls barking.

"I know " I say rubbing down her back. I take her inside with Rico and Candi following.

"Thank yall" I say.

"Anything for you Nic" Rico says. "The warehouse is good. Money is coming in and everybody just want you to handle ya business" he says. I smile.

"Music to my ears" I say. "After all the bags are gone and sold everybody gets their pay. You can get another 5 added to yours. Dollas and van too." I say. He nods.

"Aight. I gotta go deliver some more rounds so I'll be around " he says.

"Aight. Bye" I say as he leaves.

"Do you need anything else while I'm here?" Candi asks. I giggle.

"Candi Im good" I say.

"Nicki I'm just making sure" she says. Candi has always looked out for me. We don't know what we would do without each other. She was my other half and the more sane one.

"I know" I say. She comes to hug me .

"Call me if you need anything. Me and the girls will be over tomorrow" she says. "Bye Rocko " she says leaving out. I hit the couch and Rocko jumps up.

"Rocko we gotta fuck up Blaze" I say before she barks repeatedly. Feeling my phone buzz next to me I see a message from Omelly.

Yo sis

-what up?

Meek told me to check in on you. You good?

I smile at the message.

-yes.

Aight, see u 2moro.

Getting up Rocko jumps off the couch and follows me upstairs to my room. I change into a random shirt and some boy shorts.

Getting on my laptop I try doing some research on Detective Bunch. There has to be some dirt I can get on him. I get my phone and call up Cas.

"Nicki M. How you doing?"

"Good" I say smiling at her excitement of my phone call.

"Girl when they told me you was in the hospital and Meek was downtown I knew we had to fuck up some shit" she says. I laugh.

"You so crazy" I say.

"I get it from you. But what's up?"

"I need you to get with Kieran and Esquire and Beetle and see if y'all can get me some information on Detective Bunch."

"You know what. I just seen that nigga at the bar the other night. I got you" she says.

"Thanks boo" I say hanging up. Rocko then hops out the bed and runs out the room.

"Bring me back some of whatever you just ran out for!" I yell laughing. I then hear her barking. Hearing glass break I get out my bed and grab my emergency pistol and walk out the room. Rocko was going crazy and I knew why.

Blaze was breaking into my house.

"Rocko come here" I say. She ignores me and stays by the door barking.

"Rocko bring your ass over here!" I yell. She growls. Seeing the door fly open I hold my gun up taking it off safety. Contemplating if I should shoot Rocko bites the shit out of him.

"FUCK!" He yells. Before he shoots at Rocko I shoot him in the chest. Watching him fall to the floor I walk down the stairs.

Rocko just walks over by me.

"Disobey me again!" I yell. She whines running off to her bed. Looking at Blaze I call the police.

They show up and so does Picks and Bunch.

"At least one knows how to corporate with the damn police" Bunch says.

"This should just let you know that Meek shouldn't be going to jail for this asshole. Blaze should be in jail" I say.

"It's a consideration. I say both should be going" he says walking away. I shake my head.

"He's just being an ass. Meek won't be going. "

"What? Denise helped?"

"Me and her. Nicki I need y'all to lay low. I could lose my job if they knew I tampered with his file"

"You could be better off with me"

"Yet I love my job" she says smirking.

"Yeah okay"

"So you're alone"

"Not completely" I say.

"Your dog and you. How about I stay and keep you company for the night?"

"You really trying to get at me again?" I ask laughing. She giggles.

"Worth a shot"

"Goodnight detective " I say.

"See you tomorrow" she says leaving. I go inside and lock my door. This nigga broke my vase.

After cleaning up the broken glass I go up to my room with Rocko laying next to me. She wanted to get at Blaze for me so bad. Rubbing on her I think about Meek. He better not be going to jail.

Shae 💰