You're All I Know- Chapter 4

*2 weeks later* 

[Alex's pov]

I sat on the front lounge couch, watching Jack and Leah giggle and sit so close next to each other. Closer than my liking. The way he looked at her made my stomach flip. I seriously wanted to throw up. 

I guess I should explain what happened the past 2 weeks shouldn't I? Well, Jack introduced us to his friend he ran into, Leah. They got extremely close within the short amount of time. Jack asked her to tour with us, and of course she said yes. I don't understand why she would drop her college work to hang out with a band...Okay, I lied I understand. Often I would catch Jack and Leah kissing. I can't blame Jack for moving on. I mean I am the idiot who actually believed Ronnie would hurt him if I didn't follow her orders. 

I chewed on my lip as I saw the look Jack was giving Leah. It kills me inside to know that could be me, it should be me. As they both leaned in to kiss each other I quickly stood up and left the room. I walked into the bunk room and called my mom so I would have an excuse for leaving. 

"Hey mom, how is Baz?" I asked. I had her watching my dog Sebastian for me while I was on tour. 

"Great! How is tour going?" She sounded so happy.

"It's doing okay. I'll be glad to be home again." I sighed. 

"Is Ronnie coming with you?" She suddenly started to sound serious. 

"I broke up with her. She was using me." I shrugged as I talked. 

"Oh, honey I'm so sorry. But does this mean you and Jack are.." She trailed off. 

"1. How did you know about that? 2. No, I think he's dating someone else." I tried not to sound hurt. If I sounded hurt that would show how weak I really am. 

 "It wasn't hard to notice how close you guys were and how you both liked and cared for each other. It's sad to see you guys drift apart like this." My mom spoke with sadness. 

"Yeah, uh I gotta go." I said quickly then hung up. I took a shaky breath, it was sad how we ended up like this. I wanted nothing more than to run into the front lounge and just act like we were in 8th grade again. Of course the good days in 8th grade, before everything went corrupt but after I learned how popularity wasn't everything. Jack was my everything, he still is my everything. After all, he did make me realize how much I liked singing. 

I walked back into the front lounge and put on the fake smile I wear so often. I sat on the couch and stared at my phone, drowning out reality and just reading tweets people send me. 

'@AllTimeJalexoxo: Great show tonight guys! I was glad I could finally see my hero's live. Thank you! Never give up.' She tagged all the guys and I. I smiled at my phone before responding

@AlexAllTimeLow: @AllTimeJalexoxo No problem! Glad to hear you like our music!" I pressed send and shoved my phone back into my pocket. 

I noticed for once Jack and Leah weren't near each other. It was just Jack sitting on the couch, watching whatever the TV was set to. Leah must've went to take a shower or something. 

"Hey Lex, wanna visit the old candy shop when we get back to Baltimore?" Jack asked, turning his head away from the TV. Jack and I used to love going into this candy shop after school, it was awesome. Of course I wanted to go, but no doubt he would bring Leah and I can't stand her voice. 

"No thanks. I think I'm just gonna go home and snuggle with the love of my life." I said with a sigh. It sounded like I really wasn't a loner. Jack arched an eyebrow.

"Baz." I answer for him. He chuckled and I smirked. Jack and I haven't really done any talking since that night. He's been too busy with Leah and I was too busy ignoring him and Leah. It was pretty tiring and frustrating. 

"Oh okay, well how about we go to the park on Saturday." I could almost see the hope in his eyes. 

"Can't." I simply said, I was bad at coming up with reasons to avoid Jack. I was seriously running out of excuses. 

"Why not?" He sounded a bit hurt. 

"Taking Baz to the vet." I shrugged. Obviously a lie. 

"You took Baz to the vet 5 weeks ago.. Whatever, how about you come over to my house on Sunday?" He asked again. He was now leaning forward. 

"Baz and I are---" 

"God dammit Alex! If you don't want to hang out with me just fucking say it! You don't have to make up excuses about being with your damn dog, you fucking pathetic asshole." He blew up. I sat back with expressionless. 

"Alex I-I didn't--" He started to apologize. 

"Hey no biggie. You were just stating the truth." I said softly and walked into the bunk room. I closed the door and climbed into my bunk, I shut the curtain and faced the little window I had. It was lightly raining out, wow, that fits the mood I'm in. 

"Alex?" I heard someone whisper. I was too lost in my thoughts to identify the voice. I heard my curtain start to shuffle. 

"I don't want to talk right now." I whispered back. 

The person sighed and sat down next to me and closed my curtain. I turned around and groaned. Oh, it's only Astrid. 

"Come on big cousin, I know you aren't losing your head over some stupid boy." She whispered with a chuckle. 

"But I am. I'm past losing my head, that's already been lost. Since the day I was singing Beyonce into a hair brush, dancing in my boxers." I smiled back, remembering that day. Jack and I hated each other, but that day I realized how sweet and light hearted he can be, though he still hated me. 

"Now I wish I would have seen that. But still, he'll come around one day. I promise." Astrid kissed my forehead and left. 

"Only if you were right." I said aloud and turned back around, going to sleep.