Singing Into A Hair Brush - Chapter 2

[Jack's pov]

My mom told me to look "presentable" so I took that as "Hey Jack, put on as much band merchandise as you can. Maybe the people have a hot daughter or something!" So that's what I'm doing. 

I ran to the bathroom that's connected to my room. Before I say anymore, yes having my own bathroom is amazing. I grabbed the basket of band bracelets I had sitting on the wooden shelf and piled a lot of them on. I smiled at all the band bracelets the lined my arms. I then straightened my hair. Yes, I'm a guy and I straighten my hair, it's not that big of a deal! 

"Jack! Come set the table!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. I ran downstairs and met my mom, who had a not-so-pleasing look on her face when she saw my outift. "Go change." She sighed. Just as a frown made it's way to my face the doorbell rang. I smiled, now I can't change!

"Nevermind it's too late, okay let's go answer the door." My mom and I opened the door with smiles on our faces. Really, I don't see why she's so nervous. 

The couple in front of us looked posh but not too posh so they're alright I guess. But where's their kid that's supposed to be my age?

"Hi, I'm Isobel, and this is my husband Peter." Isobel shook my mother's hand. 

"I'm Joyce and this is my son Jack." My mom getstured to me. I smiled and waved at the couple. 

"Oh, Jack, my son is still at our house. Can you go get him for us?" Isobel smiled even more. 

"If you want, the boys could hang out there for awhile. Dinner won't be done for another half hour. So us adults can just talk." And there it goes, my mom and her new friend trying to set up "play dates" for me to make new friends. Ew, socializing. 

"Sure. Where's his room?" I asked Isobel and Peter as they sat down on the couch. 

"Upstairs, first door to the left." Peter spoke and turned back to my mom and Isobel. I sighed and got my skateboard from the porch and went across the street. 

The door to Peter and Isobel's house was unlocked so I just walked in. No one was downstairs so I assumed that this kid was in his room. Like me most of the time. I ran up the steps and heard someone's voice. I walked to what I guess was Isobel and Peter's son's bedroom. I slowly and quietly opened the door and peeked my head into the room. There stood their son singing into a hair brush. 

"I got gloss on my lips, a man on my hips

Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
Acting up, drink in my cup
I could care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Don't pay him any attention
Cause you had your turn
And now you gonna learn
What it really feels like to miss me

Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh"

I held back my laughter and just watched the guy sing "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. He skipped a few verses and bridges and went back to the most known part of the song. 

"All the single ladies (All the single ladies)

All the single ladies (All the single ladies)
Now put your hands up

Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh
Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh"

I couldn't take it anymore. I swung the door open and fell on his bedroom floor in a fit in laughter. My face was bright red and I could barely breathe from laughing so hard. 

"Who the fuck?" The kid turned around and an embarssed expression was planted on his face. I stopped laughing and just stared at him. 

"You're Peter and Isobel's son?!" I yelled and got back up on my feet. I really should have expected this, nothing ever goes my way. But seeing Alex singing and dancing to a Beyonce song was really amusing. I should have taken video.