First Day Of 8th Grade- Chapter 1

[Jack's pov]

"I love you Jacky, have a good day!" My mom called from the living room. "I love you too mom!" I yelled and walked out the door. Today is the day I have been dreading since the 1st day of summer. Today is the first day of 8th grade, I'm finally, technically, in the high school. 

I walked down the sidewalk. The Baltimore air was chilly, seeing how it's only 7:25 in the fucking morning. Who wakes up at a time like this? I shivered and zipped up my Blink-182 hoodie. I slid my earbuds in my ears and started to listen to Green Day, which was blasting through my Ipod. 

I reached the bus stop. Zack stood at the sign patiently for me and the bus. You see, Zack is probably my only friend, he's the only laid back kid in the whole school. But of course the assholes at this school don't see him like that, so he gets bullied along with me. "Ready for another day in Hell?" Zack whispered. I nodded, not really wanting to respond using words. Another thing you guys should know about Zack is, he's always quiet. He never talks to anyone besides me. I'm pretty the whole school, including teachers hasn't heard his voice before. He's just shy around people and I understand that. But he only talks to me because we've known each other since 1st grade. 

The bus pulled up in front of us, too soon for school ugh. We got on and looked for a place to sit. I shrugged and sat in the first seat with Zack. We aren't even at school yet and I can already hear everyone laughing at us, making pathetic jokes about us with their friends. I felt someone behind me tap my shoulder. I turned around to see some random person laughing at me, "Where'd you get that outfit, Emo fucker." I looked down, I had my black skinny jeans, red converse, black Blink-182 hoodie and a Green Day shirt. "H-Hot Topic." I whispered. The person never answered me so I guess they didn't hear me. Zack gave me an apologetic look and a small smile as we pulled up to the school. 

Zack and I shuffled to the front door of the huge school, receiving tons of pushing, shoving, name calling, anything but nice comments. I sighed and looked at my schedule. 

"Where's your locker?" I looked over at Zack, who was studying his schedule as well. 

"Uhh 304.. Where's yours?" He asked back. 

"Uhm 107." I replied with a slight frown. 

He sighed and took my schedule. "We have music and algebra together." He stated and handed me back my schedule. We said our goodbye's as we parted ways. 

I searched for my locker and once I found it, I was really nervous. There were teenagers, way older than me, that surrounded the area. There was only a few people my age in this section of lockers. I bit my lip and opened my locker. 

I heard a bunch of laughter erupt in the hallway. I turned around to see the bunch of populars hanging around an unfamiliar face. I stared at the sandy-haired kid. Obviously he's new here, but how did he manage to climb his way to the top of the school's popular list so soon? I studied him, very closely. I hate him, I've come to that conclusion. He's popular without trying, so I hate him. He doesn't know what it's like to be like Zack or I, so I hate him. So many reasons for me to hate the new jerk swirled in my mind endlessly. 

"What are you staring at fucker?" Ronnie, the most popular girl in school, yelled at me. 

"N-Nothing." I whispered, clearly in-audible for her to hear. 

"Are you going to fucking speak or will we have to make you?" She retorted once more. 

I winced at her high pitched tone and spoke a little louder, "I said I w-was looking at the poster behind you." I lied. 

Ronnie and the popular kids turned around to see the poster of the school map. Ronnie rolled her eyes and brought her attention back to the new guy, who I haven't learned the name of. I saw the new guy-How I'm going to refer to him now- look at me for a brief second. 'He's totally judging you. You don't look rich enough or good enough for him.' I thought to myself, again.