When Im Not Such A Prick -Chapter 7

[Alex's pov]

I bit my lip as I walked through the doors of the high school. I was seriously dreading coming to school today. I even tried to convince my mom I was sick, but she saw right through my act. Then of course she tried to play therapist and act like she actually cared about why I didn't want to go to school.

I weighed out the consequences in my mind. Have some rad fucking friends and be bullied for being lame, or have popular fake friends and lose everyone I care about. Just as I was about to make up my mind, my fake friends, and then my real ones were both walking towards me from separate ends of the hallway. My mouth went dry, fuck.

"Alex, baby!" Ronnie squealed and hugged me tightly.

"Lex." Astrid stood in front of everyone. I looked at the two groups.

"Alex, who are these people?" Ronnie disapprovingly looked at my friends.

"Yeah Alex, who are we?" I knew Astrid meant if they were going to remain my friends or not.

But I moved here for a new start! I moved from that fucking place so I can live my life without shit! I was meant to leave my old life behind. But then again, I don't want to lose the few people I care about. I'm bad at choosing between things. This is just like me in the front of the line in Subway, I don't know what I want but I know I can't have it all.

"I...I don't know who they are." I looked at Ronnie and then back at what used to be my group of some-what friends.

"Oh well, let's talk about our date tonight." Ronnie kissed me sloppily. Gag!

"Oh I get it, this is your new bitch! Who the hell are you? I don't even know you anymore!" Astrid said with disgust and disbelief. I wanted to tell her I lied, that I wanted to be friends with all of them, that I wasn't fit for popularity anyway, but I couldn't bring myself to it.

"Yeah, I've only known Gaskarth for a few days, and I can already tell he's a dick head." Jack whispered. Ouch, that her.

"Are you going to just let him talk about you like that?" Ronnie slapped my shoulder. Well, what the hell am I supposed to do? Trick question, I know what she means. And I guess I'll have to comply if I want to be a part of her fucking bitch group.

I stomped towards Jack and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Fucking hit me, do it." Jack mumbled. I rose my fist towards his face and bit my lip. Sorry Jack. I drew back and punched him in the face. His nose immediately started to gush blood. Regret washed over me as I saw Jack with tears in his eyes.

Astrid, Rian and Zack helped Jack up and they all just walked away without saying another word to me.

[Jack's pov]

"I'm really sorry that Alex is being an asshole to you." Astrid looked up at me with sadness in her eyes. I just shrugged, not really in the mood for talking. Ever since all this shit has been happening, my depression just got worse and I just never felt like talking or eating or anything. It's like I'm dead inside, because I know everything Alex does to me I deserve. My father just walked out of my life and I just let him, it tore my mom apart. I was supposed to be there for her, but I was too busy worrying about my pathetic self. I deserve all of this.

I sat in my normal seat, the back of the classroom, in English. Mrs. Kennedy walked in and started talking about how we were going to be working in partners for some creative writing/ art's thing. Great, now I have to work with some kid I don't even know because none of my friends are in this class! I looked down at my notebook and started to brain storm ideas.

"Mr.Gaskarth, you're late. Please take a seat." Mrs. Kennedy pointed to the desk in front of me. Great. Just fucking great. I rolled my eyes and kept writing ideas. Everyone else had a partner so I guess I was going to work alone.

"Wanna be my partner?" Alex turned in his chair and asked. I looked up at him, is he serious? He's the last person I would work with. But of course I'm bad at saying no to people. In certain situations that is. Just when I was going to be forced to work with Alex I was saved!

"I'm sorry I'm late, I'm new here. I'm Rian." Rian looked at Mrs.Kennedy.

"Okay, well who wants to be Rian's partner?" Mrs.Kennedy scanned the room. My hand shot up, and she smiled. I guess she thought I was trying to make an effort at making friends, Hah, bitch please I already know Rian.

Rian smiled and sat next to me. We decided we would write a song, but we didn't know what it had to be about. Mrs.Kennedy wanted us to pick what we would do for the assignment.

"Uhh Mrs.Kennedy, I don't have a partner." Alex said. His cheeks turned to a light pink, fucking popular boy embarrassed that no one wants to work with him? Haha, karma fucker!

"Well that's okay, you can work with....Hmm....Ahh, you can work with Jack and Rian!" Mrs.Kennedy pointed to Rian and I. "Shit." I whispered to Rian. "Mother fucker. Want me to talk to the teacher?" Rian looked at me as a smiling Alex walked over to us. I shook my head, no point in it now.

"So what are we doing?" Alex beamed.

"Writing a song." I said through my clenched teeth. I swear I was gripping my pencil so tight it almost snapped in half. Alex nodded in approval for the idea of writing a song. Whatever, like Rian or I need your fucking opinion anyways.

"Okay class, it looks like you all picked what you will be doing. So now is the part where I explain everything. Your writing has to do with the things that inspire you, or something you wish you could do or something you want to say or whatever your feeling or opinion is. It's a broad subject and I'm sure you'll all do well. Your project is due in exactly one month, and I'm excited to hear, see, or read all of it. You may be dismissed to go home early due to the assignment is worth a lot of your grade. Go on home and get to work!" Mrs. Kennedy shooed us all off and out of her room. No doubt Mrs.Kennedy is my favorite teacher in this hell hole.

[Alex's pov]

I walked out of the room and looked down the hall. I saw Astrid run up to Rian and Jack with Zack. Astrid slung her arm around Jack's shoulders and neck. They walked down the hall laughing and chatting away. I stood at the door of the Language Arts room frozen. Just staring at where my used to be friends stood just moments before. My stomach flopped and I hung my head. Only if I would have pushed Ronnie away and told her about my friends. Well, I guess I can't call them friends when they utterly hate my existence. 

"Wanna come back to my house Lexy?" Ronnie smiled, probably trying to seduce me or some shit. 

"Nah, I got some work to do. I'll see you later for our date." She nodded her head strutted away. The thought of dating Ronnie made me sick to my stomach. 

I trudged my way to my house, I had missed the bus. Not like I wanted to face people on there anyway. Plus walking to my house gives me more alone time and time to think about what a failure I am. One thing I can't seem to get out of my mind is the hurt look Jack had plastered on his face when I chose Ronnie and her friends I didn't care to learn the names of. Why was he so upset? Since I moved here all he did was constantly remind me and everyone else that him and I could never be friends. He hates me, I get that. Maybe it has to do with trust issues from his father? I have no idea. One day I'll find out, but why was he so upset if he hates me? I guess I'll have to find the answer to my questions someday...Some day when I'm not such a prick.