That False Hope Of Promises- Chapter 19

[Jack's pov]

I woke up from the sound of my phone going off. The Blink-182 ring tone blasted through the silence I had. I groaned and picked my phone up off the side table I had. I winced as the bright light from the screen flashed in my eyes. 

Alex: Get yo' fat ass up! Be ready 15 ;) Surprise time. Xoxo, Alex fucking Gaskarth.

I chuckled at the text and thought of something for a reply. 

Me: Kay, jackass. You woke me up you know! Lmao

I rolled my eyes and stood up. I felt a little light headed, reminding me I forgot to eat yesterday. 

Alex: Too bad, get your ass ready.

Me: Does this surprise require you making me breakfast? Because I'm starving.

Alex: -_- Fine. I'll make pancakes. Just get ready.

I busted out laughing as I saw Alex running across the road, still in his PJ's. I walked into my bathroom and stripped from my clothes. I turned on the warm water and tested it with my hand before stepping in. For the record, if you know anyone who doesn't the test the water before getting in, they're probably related to the dark lord satan. Just sayin'. I let the warm water hit my hair and body, I sighed, it's like it's washing away all the pain from yesterday.Hey, that was a Skylar Grey lyric reference. I laughed as I thought about the song, just then I broke into song as I finished washing my hair. 

"I'M COMING HOME, I'M COMING HOME. TELL THE WORLD THAT I'M COMING HOME! LET THE RAIN WASH AWAY, ALL THE PAIN OF YESTERDAY! I KNOW MY KINGDOM AWAITS AND THEY'VE FORGIVEN MY MISTAKES. I'M COMING HOOOMMMEEE!!" I yelled as loudly as I could. My mom wasn't home for some odd reason. So oh well. 

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist, I continued to hum the rest of the song and went into my bedroom. I looked up and saw Alex sitting on my bed with pancakes. He was fully dressed now, and he had an amused look on his face. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, oh my god why do I always blush?

"I like that song." Alex handed me the plate of pancakes. I stayed silent, I just embarrassed myself in front of a cute dude. Great. 

"By the way, you're blushing." He pointed out. I bet I turned an even deeper shade of red now. "Fuck you." I chuckled. 

"Get dressed, jackass." He laughed and left my room. 

I got dressed, messed with my hair and ate my pancakes within 20 minutes. I ran down stairs. Alex looked at me and smiled. "You're going to love this. Follow me." I followed him across the street, to his house. 

He looked at me before opening to the front door. As soon as he opened it, I wished he didn't. I froze. Astrid, Rian, Zack, My mom, Isobel, Peter, and then... There was my dad, with his kids and new wife. 

I looked at Alex, my heart practically stopped beating. "What the fuck?" I whispered, looking back at everyone else. "Why the fuck would you do this Alex!?" I yelled and turned around, ready to go home. I made it to my front yard when Alex grabbed my arm. I didn't even let him speak. 

"This is fucking shitty!" I yelled. 

"Jack, I thought you wanted to meet your dad?" He was truthfully confused. 

"You don't fucking understand, so stop acting like you do! You'll never understand! No one does. I fucking lost someone close to me. Then he replaced me!" I yelled. Alex's confusion disappeared, he looked pissed off now and sad. 

"YOU DON'T THINK I FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOSE SOMEONE? MY FUCKING BROTHER DIED JACK! HE'S FUCKING DEAD. WE GOT INTO A FIGHT, AND THE NEXT DAY I LEARNED HE WAS FUCKING DEAD! SO DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO'S FUCKING HURTING!" Alex yelled back at me. My jaw dropped, I wasn't expecting that. 

"Alex, I am so sorry." I whispered. He stayed silent, so I continued, "I never knew." I just stared at me. 

"I loved my brother, after he died, I never loved anyone again. Ronnie, she was actually the first person I dated since then, but I didn't love her. Not even close. I don't think I'll love anyone else again, you know? I'm just empty. I've been that way for years. I thought that if I were to bring your family together, you wouldn't feel that empty feeling anymore. I don't want you to. It's a horrible feeling and I---" 

I didn't let him finish, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and just crashed our lips together. His eyes went wide but I closed my eyes. 

"Thank you, Best friend." I whispered. I swear, I almost choked on those fucking words. 

"Did you just kiss me?" Alex chuckled. I felt my face heat up for the 2nd time already. 

"Yes, I needed a way to say thank you but you wouldn't shut up." I looked down at the ground. 

"Ahh, okay.Well let's go meet some family members shall we?" He smiled. 

[Alex's pov]

I watched as Jack caught up with his family. It was actually pretty nice to see him getting along with "The man who replaced him."

For some reason, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Jack just seemed happier. I'm still curious of what my mom meant by "he copes differently" but I'm willing to wait until he's ready to tell me. It can't be too bad, can it? 

"Hey Lex." Astrid sat down next to me. 

"Hey Astrid." I smiled at my cousin. 

"You love him don't you?" She whispered. My gaze was torn from Jack to Astrid. My heart began to pick up it's pace. 

"The hell you hear that from? We're just best friends." I answered. 

"But the way you look at him, you love him." She stated. She wasn't even asking if I did, it was more like she was telling me my own feelings. 

"No. I haven't loved anyone since Tom died, I never did, don't, never will. I promise, I will never love a single soul again." I sighed. I really did miss Tom, and when he died, he took everything with him. He shot this family a world of pain, that's for sure. 

"I'm gonna go finish writing those lyrics for class. I'll see ya later." I whispered, practically choking on tears as I ran up to my room and shut the door. I slowly started to let the tears escape as I wrote lyrics down on a slightly crumpled piece of notebook paper. 

"Sing me to sleep, I'll see you in my dreams." And with that, I took a much needed nap. 

A/N- I'm dedicating this to @_LucyGaskarth because she literally inboxed me telling me I should update because it was unfair that I left with a cliffhanger so I was just like "Lol, sure, yolo" (Please don't take that seriously) So here ya go. 

LUCY ALSO ASKED IF SHE HAD MY PERMISSION TO MARRY THIS STORY, SO LIKE ANY GOOD AUTHOR WOULD, I SAID "HELL YEAH" I have marrying your screen aye. She's rad, go follow her.