You're All I Know- Chapter 3

[Jack's pov]

"I-I was forced to date Ronnie for the past 8 years... She said she would hurt you if I didn't." I just stared at him. I had no emotion really, it was just all numb and surprised maybe.

"Alex. I said I could take care of myself." I whispered after what seemed to be like forever. 

"I know that, but I wanted you to be safe." He whispered back.

"But why did she leave now? I thought she would hurt me?" None of this made sense. 

"She said she wanted you. She wants you, and wants to hurt me. Because I'm a weak asshole who deserves it. I love you Jack." He stuttered. 

"I don't Alex. I just need. I need to think." I said before I ran off the bus, feeling like I may cry, throw up, and punch someone all at the same time. I started breathing heavily. My life has been a fucking lie from the start. 

I sat behind the parked bus. A fucking lie. Let me start off by bringing up my dad, who left when I needed him. He never came back, I never got an explanation until years later, just to learn he replaced me. Alex acted like he was a girl on their period, by always acting like a jerk then being nice. Not to mention this whole Ronnie thing. 

"Hey Jack, are you okay?" Cass sat next to me. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just confused." I said in a soft tone of voice. 

"About what?" She wiped away some tears I didn't know that were there. 

"Alex, me, everything. Maybe after 8 years, I learned to live without him. I don't think I want to ruin this friendship Cass." I whispered.

"Do whatever you feel is right. Alex loves you, I know he won't push you into anything." She reassured me and walked away.

I sat there, was Cass right? I mean after 8 years of this whole situation, Alex and I barely talked like we used to. We both changed and I barely know Alex now. I don't know much about Alex. I doubt he knows much about me either. Surely if I were to talk to him about it, he would respect my decision right?

I sighed and walked back into the bus. Alex was laying in his bunk on his phone. I decided now should be a good time to talk. 

"Hey Alex, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked. He slightly jumped, clearly not expecting someone to speak. 

"Uh yeah sure." He locked his phone and shoved it into his pocket. We walked to the back lounge. 

"Okay love birds, you guys have to get out for a few minutes. I have to talk to Alex. Alone." I said the last word sternly, knowing they would just stay there if I hadn't.

"Ugh fine." Astrid said, winking at me as she walked passed me. Oh, she must think that...Oh god. 

After everyone left I closed the door and locked it. I sat next to Alex on the couch, playing with my thumbs. 

"What'd you wanna talk about?" Alex finally broke the silence.

"Well. I- I uhh I think we should just remain friends. After what happened these passed 8 years, we barely got to talk, we barely know each other. Fuck, Alex, I don't know you at all now. We both changed. I don't want to hurry into a relationship without knowing anything about you." I tried to explain the best I could. I didn't make eye contact, I just stared at the floor in front of me.

"Okay." Alex tried to sound confident, but I could still hear the hurt in his voice. 

"I'm really really sorry." I apologized.

"No, it's fine. We should probably get ready for our show." Alex stood up and walked out of the back lounge. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~