Never Felt Right Calling This 'Just Friends' -Chapter 20

[Jack's pov]

"Where the hell is Alex? It's almost our turn to go on!" I started to panic. Before Rian could answer with an 'I don't know' like he's done all previous 12 times I asked the same question, Alex ran towards me with his things. 

"Where have you been?" I asked sternly. 

"Later, right now we need to focus. Now take a deep breathe and slowly let it out." He instructed. I did as I was told, watching as a smile made it's way to his face. 

"Did you finish the song?" I asked more calmly. 

"Yup. Now let's go, we're on." He pointed to the stage in the gym. I nodded my head, carrying my guitar with me to the stage. Rian followed with his drums sticks, and Alex followed with his guitar. 

"Hey guys, I wrote this song not too long ago, obviously, it's about someone who I kept denying that I liked or loved. This song is for them." He smiled into the microphone.

Ronnie.Of fucking course he would write a song about Ronnie. 

"Hey there it's good to see you again,

It never felt right calling this "just friends".

I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself.

Take off your shirt, your shoes, 

those skinny jeans I bought for you.

We're diving in, there's nothing left to lose.

I'm gonna break down these walls, (down these walls) I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love (so in love), with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break down." 

[Alex's pov]

"I used to wear you like a ball and chain,

I'd run and hide at the call of my name.

It was obvious you were too much for me.

Oblivious, I was young and horny.

In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again.

Stop talking shit to every one of your friends

I'm not the same boy you knew back then...

'Cause I can break down these walls, I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break 

I can't breathe, my body's shaking.

You've got a way with the way you take me,

'Cause you break me down,

You know you break me down...

I'm gonna break down these walls, (down these walls) I built around myself.

I wanna fall so in love, (so in love) with you, and no one else,

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.

Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,

Let the walls break down.

Break down these walls, I built around myself.

Let the walls break down. (break down these walls)

'Cause you break me down, (cause you break me down, cause you break me down)

Let the walls break down."

I finished singing and looked out to all of the classmates who were standing and clapping. I looked back at Rian who smiled, showing his perfect white teeth. Then I looked at Jack who had a pained expression on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows, why is he hurt?

We all put our instruments down and walked off stage. As soon as we walked off Jack ran down the hallway, seeing how it was the end of the day. I grabbed both of our guitars and ran after him. I saw him sitting against a locker mumbling something to himself. It sounded like he was saying "Jack, you're so fucking stupid" to himself. Then he started to say "I'm so ugly" but I cut him off. 

"You aren't ugly, nor are you stupid." I sat next to him. He looked at me confused, "Why didn't Ronnie watch you sing the song?" He asked. 

"Maybe because it wasn't about Ronnie." I looked into his eyes. 

"Then who? If not Ronnie then who?" He looked so desperate. I chuckled and shook my head. I put a hand behind his head and pushed him forward. I turned my head slightly and kissed him. 

"It's you Jack. It's always been you." I whispered after we pulled a part. I reached for his hand and pulled him to his feet. He still had that surprised look on his face. "When? How? Why? I thought you--"

"It never felt right calling this 'just friends' I'm happy if you're happy with yourself." I whispered and walked away. 

[Jack's pov]

"What. The. Fuck." I whispered looking around the deserted hallway. I brought my hand up to my lips and placed them there for a second. "What. The. Fuckkkk?" I repeated. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey-o Jack-o, Why do you look so lost?" Astrid walked next to me as I made my way to my house. 

"Because Alex. H-he kissed me in the hallway, he wrote a song about me. He said he would never love someone." I looked at Astrid as I talked. 

"I knew he liked you," she smiled, "He doesn't love you. He likes you. You know, like a crush." She ran a hand through her black hair. 

"So anyways, what about you and Zack?" I asked, smirking as her face turned bright red. 

"We're just friends." She said shyly. 

"Oh? But, 'it never felt right calling this 'just friends.'" I quoted Alex. She giggled at me and hit me in the arm.

"Shut it. I like him, I admit that, but he doesn't like me like that." She shrugged.

"You must be kidding! I've known Zack for years, and the way he looks at you and talks to you, and acts around you, he is head over heels for you." I explained, continuing to walk.

"No he isn't!" She squealed. 

"Oh? I should ask him then." I pulled out my phone to call Zack. 

"Don't you fucking dare! Barakat I will kill you!" She yelled as I pressed 'call Zack.'

"Hey Jack, what's up?" Zack answered his phone. 

"How would you like to go on a date with Astrid tonight?" I immediately asked. 

"Oh, Uh...Uhm S-sure. I would love to." He stuttered. Astrid smiled widely at the phone. 

"Come to my house at 6 bro, I'll help you get ready." I laughed and hung up. 

"Jack, I hate you but I love you right now." Astrid laughed. 

"See ya tonight." I winked jokingly at her as I reached my house. 

A/N- Sorry for the some-what suckish chapter. Eh, I'll update again tonight. I promise.