The Letter -Chapter 15

[Alex's pov]

"What the hell did you want, Ronnie?" I asked annoyed. 

"Well, Lexy, I want something from you." She smirked. 

"Well, no shit. Now tell me what you want, you interrupted my time with Jack." I narrowed my eyes at her, I hate when people interrupt Jack and I's best friend time. 

"Shut the fuck up about Jack already! He's a loser Alex. You, on the other hand are cool, and I'm willing to forget the gay comments and jokes if you take me back. But if you don't, I will make your life a living hell." She said calmly. The thought of taking her back makes me sick. 

"Well bring on the hell because I'm not leaving Jack, he's my best friend. Not to mention, I would never be with a slut like you again." I retorted. I saw her face turn slightly red, but this was not from blushing, this was from anger. 

"You'll regret this. I'll ruin everything you love." She shot back with her voice only growing louder. 

"Good luck with that, because I don't love a damn thing." And that was true, I have nothing to love besides music. I'm not really interested in much and I don't have love, it just doesn't exist as an emotion to me. 

Ronnie chuckled and walked away, fucking psycho. I shook my head and turned, walking back to Jack's house. 

[Jack's pov]

Dear Dad, this is Jack, obviously. 

It's been years since I've last seen you or heard from you. I thought you didn't want me anymore, like I was just another mistake. If that is how you really feel, I wouldn't blame you. I, myself, think I'm a mistake, but that story is for a different day. 

I still go to our old treehouse. I don't let anyone in it. Except for this guy named Alex, he's really nice. I sit in the corner of the tree house and listen to Blink-182 or Green Day, they're my favorite bands. I can play guitar fairly well now. I still skateboard too. 

It's still just me and mom. We never talk about you, she gets sad when I bring you up. So when I turned 13 I just gave up on trying to talk about you. I didn't want mom crying. 

If you forgot, I'm in 8th grade now. It's pretty shitty, excuse my language. I'm 15 years old too. Do you remember Zack? Well, we're still best friends. We talk and hang out everyday. I think he has a crush on Alex's cousin, Astrid Dallas. I wouldn't blame him, she's really pretty, but she's not my type. I'm pretty sure I'll grow old to have tons of cats.. Forever alone guy here!

I struggle with a lot now. Since you've been gone I had these weird thoughts and emotions, I'm not comfortable talking about them though. Only Zack know's about them. They've been happening a lot lately, but I'm okay. 

I just wanted to let you know, this isn't your fault. Mom told me how you got drafted or joined the military or something like that, I understand. Do you still have the sock monkey and drawing?

Love Jack. 

I read the letter I wrote over and over again. It had to be perfect, I wanted it to be perfect. I bit my lip and thought. I'm glad I didn't put any specific detail about why Astrid isn't my type or what these feelings or bad thoughts are. I didn't want to scare my own dad off even more. After all, him not coming back is my fault. 

I heard a knock on the door and my heart sped up. Alex is back. Finally. It's only been about 30 minutes but I still missed him. It's sort of weird to think these things about a guy. All my life I thought I was straight, but I guess not. 

"Hey, I'm back." Alex walking into my room and sat on my bed. 

"Hey, so what happened?" I asked him, fully interested in whatever he had to say. 

"Nothing relevant. Just some bullshit. So did you finish your letter?" He switched subjects. I shrugged, not pressing on the previous topic.

"Yeah, I think it's perfect." I smiled. Not really sure if it's perfect, but it'll have to do. 

"Cool, can I read it?" I was so tempted to deny him. But come on, who could say no when those beautiful hazel eyes are looking into yours. 

"Uh sure." I quickly handed him the papers and hid my face as he read the letter. He would smile, then he would frown. I guessed he was frowning from the emotions part and how I thought I was a mistake. 

"You aren't a mistake." Alex said once he finished reading. A slight frown was present on his face. I set the letter down on my desk and sat next to him. 

"Give me one good reason as to why I'm not a mistake." I said, looking at him. I could tell he was deep in thought. After a few seconds I opened my mouth. 

"Exactly my point." I sighed and laid down. Alex remained sitting.

"I'll find a way to prove to you that you aren't a mistake. Trust me. You just aren't." He looked back at me after finishing what he was saying. I looked into his eyes, they held this sort of sadness. 

"Okay." I whispered, agreeing to whatever plan Alex had in his head. 

A/N- Really short chapter, sorry. I'm still having an issue with seeing my notifications, ugh. So if you have any questions or anything feel free to inbox me. I hope you're all having a wonderful Easter!