Keep It In Your Shirt- Chapter 3

[Jack's pov]
I woke up the next morning with my eyes throbbing even more than they were yesterday. My mom still thinks that I fell. Twice now.

I rolled my eyes at remembering that I have to go to school today. Meaning there is no doubt I'll have to face every asshole there and get harassed about having 2 black eyes, thanks to the "new rich kid" Alex fucking Gaskarth.

I rolled out of bed and went into my bathroom. I stripped from my pajama pants and boxers and got into the shower. I let the warm liquid wash me of my sleepiness. By warm liquid I meant water, not piss. That'd be weird. I cringed at taking a warm piss shower. Nasty! 

When I was done washing up I dried off and got dressed into black jeans and a really dark grey V neck shirt. I put some band bracelets on and straightened my hair. I groaned when my mom called me down stairs for breakfast.

I grabbed my backpack off the floor along with a clean pair of socks. I slipped the socks on and ran down the steps. My mom handed me a plate full of bacon, eggs and pancakes. Well, breakfast will probably be the only good thing that'll happen all day. Today will no doubt be shitty like always.

"Bye mom!" I called out as I walked out of the house. 

I kept my head down while I walked to the bus stop. The last thing I need is for Alex and his stupid friends to ruin my morning. Though, they already are by just existing. I felt my phone go off in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a text from Zack. 

Zack: Hey man, I'm sick so I can't go to school. Just ignore those pricks alright! We can hang out later?

I groaned, now I'm going to be left alone with all the people I hate the most. Lovely, here comes a broken face to match my 2 black eyes. I started to text Zack back. 

Me: Hey, yeah it's fine. Not like I wanted to talk to them anyways lmao. See ya later!

I put my phone back in my pocket and stood at the sign waiting for the bus. I heard laughing come from my left. I turned to see Alex with some of his friends walking this way. Oh yeah, he isn't old enough to drive and he lives near me. Fuck my life. 

"Yeah, I punched the idiot right in the face." I heard Alex tell one of his friends. 

I hung my head even lower. Now everyone will know I got beat up by the new kid. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alex pointing at me, no doubt telling his friends that "The freak show is here." Soon I was surrounded by tons of slutty girls and jock guys. Everyone took turns taunting me and pushing me. When Alex pushed me I fell to the ground and everyone starting kicking me in the stomach. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to cry from all the pain. Brave Jack has disappeared, now I'm back to shy Jack who can't stand up for himself because he's too busy drowning in his own tears. How pathetic am I? 

The bus pulled up and everyone stopped kicking me. Everyone got on the bus, except someone who stayed behind just to spit in my face. I wiped the nasty spit off of my face and slowly got back on my feet. The bus driver gave me a look of pity, I know he can't do anything about what he just saw. Those pricks are rich, they'll pay him to keep his mouth shut about the bullying. 

I sat all the way in the back of the bus. I stared out the window, feeling hurt and empty. I tugged on the sleeves of my hoodie. I always wear hoodies, no matter what temperature. I wear them for more personal reasons. I felt someone sit beside me on the bus seat. What? No one but Zack dares to sit near me, my "stupidness and ugliness is contagious if you get too close." I rolled my eyes as I recalled Ronnie saying that to me numerous times. I turned to look at the person next to me to see who dared to get close to the nasty Barakat boy. Alex. Are you fucking kidding me? It's Alex. 

"Why are you here?" I mumbled, almost inaudible. "Got dared to spend the day with you and act nice." He shrugged casually. Wow, someone had to actually be dared to talk to me, that makes me feel lame. We stayed in awkward silence for awhile. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered so only I could hear him. Typical. But sorry? How the hell can he say he's sorry when he's spit in my face, gave me 2 black eyes, and possibly broke my ribs. I didn't answer him, I just stayed silent. 

"Jack? Did you hear me?" He said a little louder. "Yeah, I heard you." I stared at the window, not wanting to look at him. I don't even want to be near him. 

"Then aren't you gonna forgive me?" He asked more quietly, so no one could hear him and ruin his reputation no doubt. "Nope." I said popping the p in the word. "Whatever, you fucking freak." He rolled his eyes. I stayed silent, I want to go home, I want go lay in my bed and cry myself to sleep like I usually do. I hate being labelled as a freak, I get it, I'm different. But I thought when we were all little tikes that our parents encouraged us to be different. I only wanted to listen to my mom's advice. 

The bus pulled up in front of the school, causing me to groan. It's too early for learning. Alex furrowed his eyebrows at me, like he didn't know why I hated school. I just rolled my eyes and walked off the bus. I hoped he would just give up on this dare, I really didn't need people who were forced to hang out with me. 

As if Alex read my mind and wanted to torture me more, he ran up to me and we walked side by side. He tried to make conversation but I just ignored him. Why would he call me a freak then want to talk to me? I rolled my eyes again, this is probably the millionth time I've done that and the day hasn't even really started yet. 

"So, anything interesting happen lately?" Alex looked at me. I saw Ronnie, Lisa, Jake, Josh, and Thomas all chuckling at Alex's attempt to be nice. 

"Yeah, many interesting things, I found out that you're a huge prick!" I said fairly loud and kept walking away shaking my head. 

"Look, I didn't me to hurt you." Alex scratched the back of his neck. 

"You fucking gave me 2 black eyes and possibly broke my ribs." I spat my words. I saw Alex's face fall, knowing I had won this fight. I shook my up and down again and laughed without humor, walking away from him. "Asshole." I mumbled and kept my head low, to avoid everyone's disgusted looks from seeing me, the freak. 

I walked in the Language Arts room and sat in the back of the room. Alex came in and sat next to me. Can't he see that I want him away from me? That I don't like him because he's a douche? 

[Alex's pov]

He thinks I'm an asshole.I wouldn't blame him, I even think I'm an asshole. I mean I gave the guy 2 black eyes and I had everyone beat on him so now he has possible broken ribs! I'm doing to him exactly what everyone did to me back in England. I have no choice but to hurt him, I need to fit in somewhere. I just never was one to fit in back in England, I would get treated like dirt. But when I moved here, I saw an opportunity and I took it. 

I do feel sort of bad though, I know what it's like to be pushed down and to feel like no one cares. So the thought of me making someone else feel that way is horrible. I tried to apologize to him, but he just won't hear me out. Oh well, I guess it could be awhile before I actually earn his trust. 

"Whatcha thinkin' about Alex?" Ronnie asked, twirling her blonde hair with her index finger. 

"Just some stuff." I shrugged and looked at her fully. Now that I think about it, she's a down right slut. I can practically see her boobs. I mean, not that I'm complaining about boobs but seriously, this is school, keep that shit in your damn shirt! I know I can't say that out loud, I'll get kicked out of the popular clique. 

"So Alex, how about you and me go on a date?" Ronnie leaned across my desk, her boobs literally right in front of my face. I gulped, "Uh sure." It sounded more like a question than a statement. She kissed my lips and left the room. 

I looked beside me to see Jack basically glaring at me. I half smiled and went back to work. Dammit, why does this kid hate me so much? I feel like he's hated me before he even talked to me for some reason.