And That Is When My Heart Shattered- Chapter 5

[Jack's pov]

"How about we go back to my house? We can play video games and listen to music." Alex stood up and reached his hand out. I gladly took his hand, something felt weird when I did. I brushed it off and followed him back to his house. When we got there there was an unusual car in the drive way. 

"No way!" Alex yelled and turned to me. He grabbed my hand again and ran towards the door of the house. He let go of my hand and flung the door open. He smiled widely and quickly engulfed some girl in a tight bone crushing hug. What? I thought he was dating Ronnie? I stood there awkwardly, just looking around the house. 

"Jack, this is my cousin Astrid Dallas, Astrid this is my best friend Jack Barakat." He smiled at me and his cousin. Best friend? It was just one moment that last for about 5 minutes where I opened up to him and he already counted me as a best friend. Damn, this guy works fast. 

"He lied, I'm not his best friend, that would be Ronnie. But anyways, I'm just someone who knows this weirdo, and I go by the name of Jack." I introduced myself to Astrid. I saw Alex frown when I cleared up that I was no where near a friend of his. But Astrid kept smiling, she seems friendly. 

"Well, I love you already, not in that way, because you're wearing a Blink-182 shirt, Your style is rad, and I like random things, I'm this dork's cousin and I go by the name of Astrid." She stretched her arm out to shake my hand. But something about her was too friendly for just a hand shake.

"Ahh fuck your hand shaking, come here." I hugged her and she just giggled. 

"You seem so nice! How are you related to Alex?" I asked in awe of her amazingness. I can see me and this girl is going to be best friends along with Zack. 

"Hey! I take offence to that." Alex said as all three of us walked up to Alex's room. 

"Well, you can be a douche some times."  I said calmly. Astrid, out of no where just started laughing. 

"You guys act like a married couple!" She fell off of Alex's bed and she was crying from laughing. 

"Is that all that's funny?" Alex and I said at the same time. I gave him a weird look but he just shrugged. 

"Hey, wait, where's Rian?" Astrid calmed down and sat up. 

"RIAN'S HERE?" Alex yelled and started to jump around like a fangirl. 

"Who is he? Your boyfriend or something?" I asked Alex. He stopped jumping and looked serious. 

"Rian is just a friend, shut up homophobe." He stuck his tongue out. 

"Did you just admit to being gay?" I rose an eyebrow at him. He thought for awhile. 

"Well, I'm not gay. But I guess I would date a guy if they were compatible with me." He shrugged. 

Astrid came bursting through the room, I haven't even realized she left, with another person by her side. He had extremely short brown hair and he was pretty tall. "Uh, I'm Rian." He awkwardly waved. Yep, he's awkward like Zack and I, we'll get alone just fine. 

"I'm Jack." I smiled. 

"Alex's boyfriend?" Rian laughed. 

"Uhh what?" I asked. Rian bursted out laughing and he earned a scowl from Alex. Wow, everyone made a gay joke about Alex today. Well, not really. 

"He's actually bi, guys." Astrid looked at us. 

"Astrid!!" Alex ran over and put his hand on Astrid's mouth. He removed it when she started to lick his hand. 

"I was just joking, don't flip your shit." She chuckled at Alex's reaction and pink cheeks. "Well I don't need that thing to happen again." He said sternly at Astrid. Astrid sadly nodded her head. 

What did they mean by 'That thing' to happen again? What thing? I groaned, Alex, he's so confusing. 

"Can I go home now?" I groaned.

"No, but you can call that Zack guy over and ask if he wants to hang out with us." Alex casually said. Prick. I hate you for being so nice, it's giving me a reason to not hate you and I really want to hate you with everything I have. 

"Fineeee." I drug out the e. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, hopefully Zack wouldn't mind even though he's sick. So I texted him. 

Me: Hey bro, wanna hang out with Astrid, Rian and me? 

Zack: Who?

Me: Astrid is Alex's cousin but she's super nice and likes our kind of music. Rian is her friend. Alex is here, but I'm sort of trying to ignore him .

Zack: Yeah sure, meet you at his place. It's just across the road right?

Me: Yup, I'll sit in the yard to wait for you. 

"Okay, well I'm gonna go sit in your yard and wait for my best frandddd." I said in a weird fake accent. 

"I'll come with gurl franddd." Alex acted like a girl. And for once, I laughed at him in a non-cruel way. He was actually being nice and funny. 

So for the next 10 minutes Astrid, Rian, Alex, and I all sat in Alex's yard waiting for Zack. It got boring so I pulled out my phone and unlocked it. I went into my music and played some rad as fuck music. 

"I LOVE THIS SONG!" Alex screamed. My eyes went wide. He actually did like Blink-182?

"YOU LIKE BLINK?" I yelled back, still in shock. 

"I told you the other day, do you accept Mark Hoppus as your lord and saviour?" He playfully punched me in the arm. 

"That's it, if you stop being a dick and hanging out with dicks at school, we can be friends." I said seriously. I saw happiness in Alex's eyes. Unusual, if I even mention wanting to be friends with someone they run away or call me a faggot and punch me in the face. 

Zack ran up and we all remained seated in Alex's yard, listening to Blink-182. We talked about random things and we all just became friends. Zack even said Alex seemed nicer and happier now. We don't really know why he was being so nice. But then I remember, 

He was dared. I remembered Alex was dared to be nice to me for a day. And that is when my heart shattered into a million pieces.