LIII- When In Maine....

Diana Black grew increasingly uneasy in her sleep as she,Luke, and Silena Beauregard milled over the thought of Storybrooke, Maine. It wasn't a real town, they knew. At least not officially. Diana's mind wandered reluctantly through her strange dream. She constantly stirred uncomfortably as the dream got more and more frustrating.

****

A slightly older Diana Black hopped off of a bus, somewhere in London, perhaps, feeling confident. She appeared to be about seventeen.

 She would have taken a draught of liquid luck, had it not been illegal before a major event

She would have taken a draught of liquid luck, had it not been illegal before a major event. Although deep down, she knew that it wasn't needed. She had her situation handled. She lovingly fingered her lucky necklace from her father Sirius Black, which was hidden beneath her dress. She hoped dearly that it would somehow bring his unconditional fatherly love and support. She headed into what appeared to the present, younger Diana Black to be a beautiful, bright red telephone booth. At the press of a few buttons, the phone booth actually moved, sending Diana down.
  "Welcome, Diana Black," a pleasant yet artificial female voice greeted her.

She rolled her eyes at the sound of it. She was ready to get down to business. Once the flying telephone booth landed, she stepped off readily, not even watching it descend above. She headed towards the magical elevator, selecting the ninth floor; the Department of Trials and Negotiations.
"Floor number nine; Department of Trials and Negotiations," the obnoxious voice announced.

Diana stepped out of the elevator, heading into the door marked 'Jane Thatcher: Overseer,Judge, and Court Leader'. She rapped confidently as well as fairly loudly on the door.
"Do come in," a calm and serene yet authoritative voice called.
Diana opened the door, stepping in. "Judge Thatcher," she greeted, extending a hand.
"Ah, Ms. Black," smiled the woman with paling blonde hair. "I've been curiously anticipating your arrival! You have a very impressive reputation, one that definitely precedes you," she complimented.
Diana nodded. "As do you, Judge Thatcher. And thank you."
"Oh, I imagine you're internally dreading your time here. You're absolutely entitled to those thoughts, I'm afraid. While the Ministry operates in the best interest of the wizarding world, I'm afraid it also offers a baffling amount of bureaucracy and red tape," the woman sighed with a slight frown.
Diana smiled. "Most realistic statement I've heard all day," she nodded in approval.
"Yes, yes, unfortunately so. Anyhow, would you like a refreshment? Tea, water?" she asked, standing to accommodate herself.
Diana nodded. "A glass of water, if it's not too much trouble."
The woman behind her nodded. "Alright then." She happily handed the glass to Diana Black, reaching into her desk for a few files. "Now these are the procedures for the trial, which I had decided to procure for you due to the fact that you've never witnessed a Ministry trial before. Some of those are actual transcripts, which I was told you would most benefit from. It'll definitely help you better understand what to expect, and how you should plan your argument," Thatcher explained.
Diana nodded appreciatively. "Thank you."
"Tell me, do Muggles have any sort of trials such as these?" Thatcher asked curiously.
Diana nodded as she quickly looked through a sheet. "Yes, very similar. In a Muggle court, I would probably be considered a lawyer. It's funny, most Muggle lawyers are at least in their early thirties," she chuckled.
Jane Thatcher nodded. "Yes, well, we're not Muggles, and you're not normal, are you?" she smiled. "I do sincerely hope that you'll present evidence creating one more innocent man in the world. Merlin knows that we could use even just one more," she sighed wishfully.

  "Mmm!" Diana grunted, waking with a start.

She woke to a splitting headache, and beside her was a bag from what seemed to be a diner, which smelled amazing.
  "Morning, sunshine," Luke Castellan smiled, mouth full. "You know what they say,'when in Maine....'"
  Diana grinned in agreement. "Raise a little hell."