XLIV- Pain, Without Love Pt 1

Two Weeks Later

"Just accept it, Potter! She won't come back," Draco said exhaustedly.
"No! I won't! Because you said that she has total access to her memories and to her identity!"
Draco sighed into his palm. "Yes, and I'm beginning to regret doing so."
"Why won't you just use your guts and bring her back?!" Harry roared angrily.
"Because she doesn't want to come back! You wouldn't understand," he sighed. "If you were given the opportunity to hide your pain inside of someone who seemed to feel none at all, would you?"
"No! Because that's very, very wrong," Harry cried. "And I'm beginning to see how the thought might've crossed your mind!"
"Exactly the point, Potter, Diana doesn't think like you. She thinks like me!" Draco shouted.
"You act as if that's true, and even  okay for that matter," Harry huffed.
"Well, she's a better person, but she's still like me! Just face it," he rolled his eyes.
"Oh, my God, when will you two stop fighting?!"

Both boys turned immediately, very confused as a loud and confident voice interrupted their conversation.
"Miss me?"

  "Diana!"

"Diana!"

Harry Potter surged forward to hug his sister as Draco clenched his jaw with annoyance and just stood there, stiffly.
"I'm.... so glad that you're back," Harry laughed tearfully. "And I'm sorry for what I did, and what I said. I shouldn't have abandoned you," he sighed.
"Oh, I would've done the exact same thing," Diana sighed dismissively, finally pulling away from a confused Harry. "Hi, Draco."
"Don't even talk to me right now, please," he grumbled sadly, stomping away
"Diana—" Harry began.
"Don't!" Diana warned angrily, as well as tearfully. "Don't," her tone softened.
"Diana, was what.... Malfoy said true?" Harry asked, confused.

Diana looked down at the green grass, unhappy that the topic had come up. But she was willing to take responsibility for her actions.

  "Yes, Harry

"Yes, Harry. Yes it was," she nodded quietly.
"But.... why?!" Harry gasped.
"Everything that Draco said was.... unfortunately true, Harry. You wouldn't understand. I'm not.... I'm not built like you," Diana sighed.
"What does that mean?!" Harry exclaimed.
"I'm not good like you, Harry! I am a child of Bellona, a child of war itself! I am built to fight, to last! And that doesn't always call for goodness."
"But, Diana, you're a hero," Harry pointed out.
Diana stared with shame. "No, I'm not, Harry. I'm just a fighter,a soldier, a survivor. My job is to fight for the innocent people, not to be one of them. I can't be one of them if I have to protect them. Sorry if that disappoints you or anything," Diana sneered angrily, walking away for what seemed like for good.

Diana sat beside Draco on a large lonely rock. He said nothing, and did not acknowledge her presence immediately.
Diana smiled "Misery loves company."
"I love company!" Draco sobbed miserably.