XXXII- Bring It On

A few days later, Diana,Draco,Crabbe, and Goyle were on the empty Quidditch pitch, practicing for the upcoming house Quidditch team tryouts, watched by Pansy.
  "Why do we have to practice?" Draco moaned lazily.
  "Because. It's fun. And I actually want to be good at the sport that I'm playing," she shot back.

  "Whatever," Draco muttered as he was hit in the leg with a Bludger that Crabbe, the distracted Beater, had just barely managed to hit

  "Watch it!" he yelled in pain.

****
A few days later, after the Quidditch trials, Diana and Draco had actually made the team, although Draco had bribed the entire team with brand new Nimbus 2001's. But the captain, Marcus Flint, had at least been impressed by the determination and vigor of Diana's flying. Today, the Slytherin team had a note from Professor Snape allowing them to use the field. Diana figured that at least one other team might be wanting to practice, which was surely going to cause some sort of conflict. And she was right all along.
  "Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor team captain, of all people, asked confidently.
  "Quidditch practice," Flint replied boastfully.
  "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."
  "Easy, Wood. I've got a note," Flint smirked, handing the note to him. 
  "'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team.... permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker, as well as the need to allow their new Chaser to become accustomed to the team.'" You've got a new Seeker, and a new Chaser. Who?" he asked.
The Slytherins all smirked, making way for Diana and Draco towards the front of the group.
  "Malfoy?! Diana?" Harry gasped.
  "That's right," Diana sneered victoriously.

  "And that's not all that's new this year," Draco added smugly, showing off the team's new brooms

  "Those are Nimbus 2001's! How did you get those?!" Ron cried out.
  "A gift from Draco's father," Captain Flint replied.
  "You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco chuckled, which made Diana very uncomfortable.
  "At Lear no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent," Hermione smirked.
  Diana clenched her jaw in anger.
  Draco sneered arrogantly. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood!"

Diana immediately smacked Draco's arm without anyone seeing. He immediately whimpered in pain, as everything went insane. Hermione was in complete shock,Slytherins laughed, Gryffindors outraged, and Ron tried to cast the slug hex, which backfired, causing him to start vomiting out slugs. All of the Gryffindors rushed forward to help, while all of the Slytherins laughed. Diana didn't do the same as all of her friends, but she didn't exactly help either. She just stayed in the shadows, as usual. She didn't pick a side; she wasn't doing anything wrong, but she wasn't exactly being helpful either.

****
The rest of the day went by slowly for Diana, since she felt very sorry for Hermione. Hermione hadn't deserved to be treated that way, especially not in front of so many of her friends and enemies. Diana made a quick mental note to herself to apologize sincerely to her. And to humiliate Draco herself. Diana knew exactly what to do; the punishment would suit the crime. She hadn't told anyone except for Fred and George about her plan. They had agreed to it with such enthusiasm. Diana and George were hiding in the hallway together, waiting for Draco to walk into their trap, while Fred was outside spilling on Draco. Just then, Draco came angrily rushing into the bathroom, both to clean himself off and to use the bathroom. Diana and George grinned happily at each other. A little while later, George slipped in, unnoticed, and the large ball dropped with a plunk into the toilet.
"Argh! Who the hell is there?" Draco shouted.

George quickly ran out, and Diana was quick to help him hide behind a large suit of armor. Draco furiously rushed out maybe ten long minutes later, now heading to the Great Hall for dinner. He was feeling very embarrassed, but had no other option for the moment. He had no other robes, and did not know any spells that would help. He smelled awful, Diana and George knew. They were quite satisfied with their handiwork as they too headed in for dinner. As Diana passed the Gryffindor table with George, she took a quick seat beside Hermione. She sat opposite her, facing the next table. Hermione's knees faced the inside of the table while Diana's faced the outside.

  "Hermione, I'm very sorry for what happened today, believe me, I'm taking care of it," she promised

Hermione sniffed, nodding with a smile. "That's alright, Diana, it wasn't you who said it. Now let's just forget about it," she suggested wisely.
"Thank you for understanding." Diana nodded appreciatively, walking away. "You're right. Let's forget about all of it," she whispered to no one in particular.

 Let's forget about all of it," she whispered to no one in particular