I-The Train

There once lived a girl, a very fierce and strong girl, in everything she ever did.
Her name was Danielle. Danielle Potter was excited for Hogwarts,magic, and school with Hagrid. In Danielle's opinion, Hagrid was awesome. That curly little pink pig tail on Dudley? Absolutely genius! Danielle had always gotten scolded, starved, and even beaten for fighting with Dudley. The Potter siblings had an unwritten arrangement; Harry ran while Danielle fought. Danielle was always the fighter, even in infancy. Although she was definitely ready for Hogwarts, Danielle dreaded living in Harry's shadow. It was always the case. Diagon Alley was amazing. For Harry. No one really cared about seeing Danielle. The only one who really mattered was Harry. "The Boy Who Lived". Fantastic. Danielle was always just "The Girl Who Didn't Die". Danielle shook off her bitterness as the siblings(well not really since Danielle was adopted, which she knew since the age of six thanks to the Dursleys) boarded the train. She didn't want to ruin this one happy day.
  "Are you excited, Danielle?" Harry asked, grinning.
  Danielle smiled a quick smile. "Yeah."

Then someone caught her eye. A boy probably in their year with pale blonde hair. He was waving her over, and grinning. Danielle began to walk towards his compartment.
  "Danielle, don't, I've met him, he's very unpleasant," Harry warned, grabbing her arm.
  Danielle scoffed, easily wriggling out of her brother's controlling grasp. "Try and stop me."

Harry frowned. Danielle walked over to the bunch rebelliously.
  "Hello," she smiled.
  "Hi there, I'm Draco Malfoy, this is Crabbe,Goyle,Blaise, and Pansy," he announced, pointing at each of his friends.
  Danielle smiled simply. "I'm Danielle."
  "You're the Potter girl, aren't you?" Pansy, a slim,dark-haired girl asked.
  Danielle rolled her eyes. "No, I'm adopted. I'm nothing like my brother," she assured the group of friends.
  "Explains a lot. Your adopted brother doesn't seem brave enough to color his hair the way you have,"Draco nodded, mentioning Danielle's hair, which was a light,almost platinum blonde. Like his. "And also, the American accent."
  "Thanks. He can be really annoying," Danielle agreed as Crabbe, the bigger one, opened the compartment door, and the five new friends sat.
  "Also, barely any people care that I'm American," she nodded.
  "So, do you know your blood status?" Goyle, the lankier one, asked.
  "Yeah, actually. I have a letter, from my adopted mom and dad. I'm pureblood," Danielle replied.
  "Interesting, I think you'll fit in just fine," Draco smiled. "So what House do you think you'll get?"
  Unlike Harry, Danielle was prepared to answer this question. "I don't know," Danielle laughed. "Probably anything but Hufflepuff."

This gathered some laughter.
  "Just what I was thinking," Draco chuckled.
  "Most likely Ravenclaw or Slytherin," she guessed.
  Pansy chuckled, clapping sarcastically. "Good picks."
  "Yes. You'll fit in just fine," Draco laughed, more to himself than to Danielle and the others.