XXII- Summer (and Year Round) Friends

The summer was mostly boring, filled with the usual cruelty from Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon. But, Harry and Diana had been given Dudley's second bedroom, which was a definite upgrade from the closet underneath the stairs. Diana and Harry had succeeded in using their owls to send letters to friends. Everyone of her friends seemed to be having excellent summers, except for Diana. But they were all definitely sympathetic. Diana had received no word from her father. She figured he was busy or something. She knew his lifestyle was "unpredictable". Draco had invited Diana to sneak out with him to Diagon Alley, which Diana had of course accepted. Sneaking out would be easy. Once the horrible aunt and uncle left the house and put Dudley in charge, Diana knew it would be easy. She got dressed just as they were preparing to leave.

Once Petunia and Vernon had left the house, Diana had simply just walked out the front door

Once Petunia and Vernon had left the house, Diana had simply just walked out the front door. It was easy as that. She made her way to the Leaky Cauldron by taking the Knight Bus, an extraordinary method of transportation for witches and wizards, with a conductor called Stan Shunpike who had took an interest in Diana. She passed the brick wall and made her way into Diagon Alley. Draco said he'd be at Florean Fortescue's ice cream stand, so she headed there. He was sitting on a bench nearby, looking the same as usual.
  "Hi," Diana smiled.
  "How've you been, Ana?"

For some reason, Draco had taken to calling her "Ana".
  "Alright," she shrugged. "We have a bedroom now, but only one," she sighed.
  Draco nodded. "Wow, that's quite a step up from under the stairs."
  Diana laughed. "Right?"

They walked up to the stand.
  "What would you like, Ana?"
  "I could've ordered, you know," she laughed. "I'll take an orange soft serve."
  "So an orange soft serve and a mint chocolate chip," Draco told Florean Fortescue.
  "There you go," the man smiled, handing them the cones. Draco was about to pay when he announced,"Free of charge for Diana Black and her friend."
  "Mr. Fortescue, you're too kind."
  "And you're too humble," he chuckled. "Have a great day."
  "Thanks, you too."

Diana and Draco made their way back to the bench.
  "I didn't know you got free ice cream," he laughed.
  "Well, I guess there's a lot you don't know about me," Diana shrugged, licking the ice cream.
  "Oh, I forgot, I have something for you," Draco told her.
  "Damn it, you did not! I never get you anything," Diana laughed with slight guilt.
  "No problem at all. I just saw something that I thought you'd like," Draco shrugged.

He handed her a black box, which she opened.