XLVIII- Cold Desires

5 Years Later

  "My lord, I assure you that your ascension will be successful," the cloaked Death Eater promised.
  Lord Voldemort himself smiled coldly. "Yes, I know that it will be, my child, for you are one of my most trusted leftenants. Now; I would like to see how you yourself would operate in my position. Now go on; they're expecting you. And don't be afraid to do things.... differently," the Dark wizard beamed.
  "Thank you, my lord. You will not be disappointed," the young woman nodded, proceeding to remove her cloak.
  "You have absolutely nothing to thank me for, my girl. This is all you. You have earned this trial. You are the killer frost that will destroy them all."

The woman nodded obediently, taking her designated seat at the head of the table, exhibiting a great authority. Everyone around the table sensed it, even her older companions who were technically more experienced in magic, and life in general. A strong wave of fear and respect wafted ominously throughout all of the glorious yet dark Malfoy Manor.
  "Alright. Let's wait for Severus, shall we? We wouldn't want one of our most competent to miss any valuable information," Diana Black smiled with a false sweetness.

 Let's wait for Severus, shall we? We wouldn't want one of our most competent to miss any valuable information," Diana Black smiled with a false sweetness

****   "Severus," her voice echoed softly yet loudly and efficiently throughout the entire manor

****
   "Severus," her voice echoed softly yet loudly and efficiently throughout the entire manor. "We've saved you a seat."

Professor Snape nodded, taking a cautious and respectful yet relaxed seat beside Diana, or as she was known to almost the entire wizarding world, Killer Frost. Snape took great care ignore the woman hanging cruelly and helplessly from the ceiling, his former colleague.
  "You know, I was beginning to worry that you'd.... lost your way," Killer Frost smiled.
  "Thank you, my lady," Severus Snape nodded indifferently.
  "Anyways, enough with the formalities, they are but a grand waste of time. Now, I trust you've come.... with news?" she threatened calmly.
  "Yes. It will happen, Saturday next, at nightfall," he reported monotonously.
  "I've heard differently, my lady," a Death Eater and Ministry official called Yaxley argued.
  Diana stared at him expectantly, as well as impatiently.