IX- All Apologies

The week after the troll incident, Diana walked the Hogwarts halls, heading to potions class. This time, she was alone. She was running late that morning, so she had told the others to wait for her in class. On the way, she was approached nervously by Harry.
  "Diana, I forgive you," he said quickly.
  Diana turned, surprised. "You do, do you?"
  "Yeah,"Harry replied. "I really do. I understand why you were so angry. I've been very distrustful and controlling lately," Harry admitted.
  "No! Harry Potter, the hero of Hogwarts, cannot be flawed! He is a saint, He is a god! He is equal to the Lord Himself! He must continue to gracefully lift us up from the pain of our mediocre lives and gift us with greatness!" Diana exclaimed.
Harry frowned.
  "Alright, alright. I forgive you too," Diana nodded.

It felt good to forgive him after over a month. It had been too long. Hermione and Ron came behind Harry as well.
  "We're sorry too," Hermione nodded solemnly.
  "Yeah, we really are, Diana," Ron sighed. "We didn't trust you, and we're sorry."
  Diana nodded. "It's fine. I wouldn't trust me either," she shrugged, walking away.

In potions class, everything was less awkward. Everything was the same again. Diana smiled slightly in relief between Crabbe and Goyle. But then she rolled her eyes as Goyle thought he could get away with putting his arm around Diana. Diana didn't particularly care, but both Harry and Draco gave him a petrifying glare. He relented immediately. At the end of the class, Snape dismissed the class flippantly.
  "Miss Black, I'll need you to remain with me for a bit," he called more politely.
Diana Black nodded and walked toward his desk. "Yes, Professor Snape?"

She watched as the teacher pulled two large yet beautiful sapphire rings out of a drawer somewhere.
  "Miss Black, I'm assuming that you know about who your mother is," he said quietly.
  "Yes, sir," Diana replied.
  "Excellent. Now, have you heard of the hand magic spell?" the professor asked.
  "Yes. It allows a witch or wizard to use the pieces of their wand to enchant items to cast their magic for them, Professor," Diana nodded.
  "Yes. And, because of your task given to you by your mother, I have decided that, with the permission of Professor Dumbledore, and yourself of course, that I would perform this spell for you," Snape explained. "Do I have your consent?"
  "Yes, of course," Diana nodded.
  "Alright, now, I've already prepared the potion," he announced. "Now all I need is your wand."

Diana immediately handed her 13-inch Birch and double Phoenix feather wand to him. She watched as the experienced professor snapped her wand Ito multiple small pieces and crushed it into a powder using a blade. He scooped up the powder off of his desk and carefully dumped it all into a bowl of liquid. The liquid was clear, but shimmering and warm. He stirred the mixture and gently placed the two beautiful sapphire rings inside for about two minutes. He pulled them out, glittering and beautiful.
  "Never take these off," he ordered.
  Diana nodded. "Yes, Professor Snape."
  "I don't care if anyone knows about this arrangement, but please do not reveal who it was that cast the spell and brewed the potion," he commanded.
  "I won't, sir," Diana promised.
  "Good luck. And I'm sorry you're stuck with this task, Miss Black," Snape said earnestly.
  "Thank you Professor."

She left the dungeon and slipped each ring onto her left middle finger and her right index finger. She felt powerful, like the power that was once in her wand was now flowing directly through her body. This was true power. She was ready to defend the world now. She was ready to fight.