XXXI- "Returns The Petrified To Their Natural State"

In the morning, Diana had entered the Great Hall to hear that Harry and Ron had actually flown the flying car to Hogwarts,were seen by no less than  seven Muggles, and had been attacked by the Whomping Willow. She supposed that she was only relieved that they, or at least Ron, were alright. She wasn't completely sure that the rumors were true until Ron had received a hilarious Howler from Mrs. Weasley at the table. She happily made her way to Herbology with her friends, and clipped her hair back in anticipation of some sort of disaster. Professor Sprout had announced that today's lesson was focused on the Mandrake root and its properties; to restore the petrified to their natural state and et cetera. Hermione Granger, of course, was the one to answer the question. Diana put her ear muffs on and quickly pulled hers out of its original pot and dumped it into the next, not even listening for its not quite lethal, but tranquilizing shrieks. Malfoy, on the other hand, had decided to arrogantly stick his finger in its mouth, causing it to become stuck, which Diana found quite amusing, and snickered.

  "Oh, shut up!" he cried as Crabbe and Goyle pointlessly tried helping him

The rest of Diana's classes were fairly boring as usual, until Defense Against the Dark Arts, the teacher of which turned out to be Gilderoy Lockhart.
  "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award. But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her," Lockhart laughed dully as he introduced himself.

Diana didn't exactly find him appealing as all of the other girls, including Pansy. She found him rather boastful and pompous. But, she had to admit he was much more interesting and enjoyable to watch and listen to as opposed to Professor Binns, the miserable ghost. Although she knew that they wouldn't really be learning anything in this class, that didn't bother her, seeing as she was already familiar with the curriculum.
  "Now.... be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here," Lockhart warned dramatically.
  Diana rolled her eyes as everyone else seemed to buy into his theatrics. He had even covered up a strange cage with a tarp.

  "I must ask you not to scream

  "I must ask you not to scream. It might.... provoke them!" he yelled, revealing a cage full of Cornish pixies.
  "Oh mother f**ker," Diana gasped under her breath.
  "You're actually afraid of those things?" Draco Malfoy laughed arrogantly.
  "Oh, just you wait," Diana laughed. "Just you wait."
  "Cornish pixies?!" Seamus Finnigan ridiculed.
  "Freshly caught Cornish pixies!" Lockhart announced.
  Diana frowned as everyone else, especially Seamus, laughed.
  "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnigan, but pixies can be devilish tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them, ha! Come on now- round them up, round them up, they're only pixies!" he laughed maniacally as he let them loose.
  "Holy sh*t!" Diana gasped, diving under a desk, wand ready, aimed at one of the mischievous pixies. She chuckled as Neville Longbottom was hung from the chandelier by his school robes.
  "Why is it always me?" he sighed.
"Get off of me!" Hermione shrieked as a pixie landed on her.
"Stop! Stop! Hold still!" Harry shouted as he swatted at it with a heavy textbook.
"Peskipiksi pesternomi!" Diana shouted, taking out only two pixies with the multiple sparks from her hand.

  "Peskipiksi pesternomi!" Lockhart tried as well, although before he had actually cast his spell, his wand was stolen by a pixie and used to drop a giant skeleton on top of the classroom desks

"Peskipiksi pesternomi!" Hermione repeated angrily.

She,Pansy,Draco, and eventually Crabbe and Goyle, continued casting their spell until they were exhausted out of their minds. They were all squished together underneath a bunch of desks, seeing as the pixies were preoccupied with everyone else, seeing as they were all running about the classroom like heathens. Eventually, many of the students had just ran out of the classroom,along with a frightened Pansy,the lazy Crabbe and Goyle, and somehow, Professor Lockhart.
"I'll ask you five to just nip the rest of them back into their cage!" he called, slamming the door behind him.
"What do we do now?!" Ron asked, panicked.
Diana rolled her eyes, and stood up to defeat the last six pixies. "Immobulus!" she boomed, and all of the pixies in the room floated around as of there were no gravity in the room.
"What is Lockhart's problem?" Harry gasped as they finished up, left with a giant mess of a classroom.
"How would I know, Potter?" Draco shot back.
Harry was just about beet red by now.
"Oh, shut up! Both of you," Diana rolled her eyes exhaustedly.