IV- The Potions Master

As Diana made her way to potions class, she rubbed her new necklace affectionately. If only she could meet Sirius. She'd waited her whole life to find out about her parents. And now, of them was a Roman goddess, the other a mystery. Diana knew she was late, luckily not exceptionally late. The lack of crying definitely saved some time. She barged through Professor Snape's doors. It seemed they were in the middle of something.
  "Professor Snape, I was meeting with Professor Dumbledore, I'm sorry I'm late," Diana said immediately, with confidence.
  "Class, this is a perfect example of responsibility! Miss Black here has just explained to me where she has been, and that she is sorry that she missed some of the class," Professor Snape smirked.

  Harry turned his head to look at Diana, frowning, and almost glaring.
  "Ten points to Slytherin," the professor sneered.
  "Potter! Look at me when I am about to speak to you! Five points from Gryffindor," Snape announced, shaking his head.

Crabbe grinned. Diana took her seat, the only one available, between Goyle and Draco, and pulled out her potions textbook.
  "Excellent, Miss Black, you seemed to be one of the few people in this class prepared. Longbottom!" the man boomed suddenly.
  "Y-yes, sir?" a small boy asked fearfully.
  "Get this intelligent girl a full container of ink! Five points from Gryffindor for your idiotic stuttering."
  "Now, Potter," Snape sneered. "What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?"
  "I don't know, sir."
  "A pity. Very well. Miss Black?" he asked, although the girl called Hermione Granger was going insane trying to get Snape's attention.
  "That's a trick question. They are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. It's used in a rather well-known potion that stops werewolves from turning, hence the name wolfsbane. Other than that, it's poisonous," Diana explained immediately, as Neville Longbottom carefully placed a full container of ink on her desk.
  "Well said. Twenty-five points to Slytherin for the brief extra explanation. And Mr. Potter, clearly fame isn't everything."

Diana chuckled softly as Draco grinned next to her. Diana found this class very amusing, as well as its teacher. She walked out with the rest of the class once everyone was dismissed. But when she stepped out of the dungeon, Professor Snape's domain, a surprise was waiting for her. Hermione Granger.
  "Hermione Granger. I've heard about you, I think, while I was in the girl's lavatory," Diana smiled.

Hermione turned beet red, and whipped her hand across Diana's face. Diana remained in a somewhat uncomfortable position, with her head turned. She laughed, turning back around.
  "Well, I see someone's feeling a bit feisty today. Is it that time of the month?" the girl taunted.

Just before Granger could retort, Professor Snape stepped out into the hallway.
  "Miss Black, is there a problem?" the teacher asked, pretending to be concerned.
  "Oh, no, Professor. Just a chat between girls. We're sorry to disturb you, sir," she smiled.
  "Very well then," the man shrugged indifferently, retreating to his desk.
  "What do you want, Granger?" Diana asked.
  "I want to know why you were talking with the headmaster. If that's what you were really doing, anyway. I think it's a bit curious," the girl huffed.
  "Is that so? Well, I think it's a bit none of your business," Diana Black snapped defensively.
  "Fine then, I'll just have to figure it out for myself," the Granger girl sneered haughtily, walking away.

Diana smirked. Confrontation from the Granger girl. What a joke. If only she'd punched her in return. Next, it was apparently Harry's turn to confront Diana.
  "Diana. What's been going on with you lately?" he asked angrily.
  "Nothing, I've just been enjoying my freedom like you, Mr. I-Don't-Know-Sir," Diana retorted.
  "Fine. But I want to know, why did you choose Slytherin? Do you know how many dark witches and wizards come out of Slytherin?" Harry asked.
  "Yes, Harry. But Slytherin itself isn't about dark magic. It's about cunning and ambition," Diana pointed out.
  "Alright, fine, but what about your new friends? Crabbe and Goyle are violent idiots,Parkinson is a snob, and Malfoy is something else entirely!" Harry cried.
  "You don't know Malfoy like I do, Harry. And besides, you just don't like that I prefer him over your friends. Can't say that I blame myself. Granger just slapped me, when I had done nothing physical to her," Diana continued.
  Harry didn't know this. He sighed in irritation. "Where'd you get that necklace?" Harry asked, pointing to the one from Sirius Black.
  "That's none of your business," she shrugged.
  "Tell me, now," Harry demanded, trying to be threatening.
  "You can't make me. But fine, since you want to know so badly, it's a gift from my birth father, it came with a letter he gave to Dumbledore, who he told to give to me once I came here," Diana snapped. "There, happy?"
  Harry's eyes widened. "You found out about your parents?! Congratulations, Diana!" Harry exclaimed. "What are they like?" Harry asked.
  Diana felt that she was about to explode in impulse and anger. "Oh, piss off, Harry! You just want to know because you haven't got any parents for yourself," Diana hissed bitterly.

The joyful light in Harry's eyes faded. His smile and joyful energy faded as well. And Diana's triumph over her brother proved to be very short-lived. Diana suddenly realized her grave mistake.
  "Harry, I'm sorry," Diana sighed, and she just walked away, without another word or glance at Harry.

Why did she always have to ruin everything? Was she cursed? Or was she just that kind of person?